20. Tying the Knot

20. Tying the Knot.
Marriage.... That one thing which binds you to your other half for the rest of your lifetime. Atleast it is supposed to be for the rest of your lifetime.

Nopes. Sorry... This definition is not applicable in the dramaland.

You cannot simply marry once in your life. Nope... Not possible...

In dramaland... You are supposed to marry once. Then divorce. Then marry the same person twice.

Yeah, marriage in drama land is a hell lot more complicated than in real life. Rahul marries the following person(s):
1. Anjali aka main heroine
2. Her doppelganger
3. The villain... divorce... in other words dhakkke maarke nikali gayi (kicked out of the house due to her actions)
4. Remarries Anjali. Divorce/ death
5. Her friend/ sister

There is also a variety in types of marriages. Love marriage,  arranged marriage, forced marriage, contract marriage, marriage for money,  marriage due to a child, accidental marriage (even that way..  Yes, it happened in a serial)..  That's all I can remember.

Forget about the types and times of marriage. What about the ceremony. Mehendi, haldi, Sangeet, phere, reception etc etc. Paanch functions ki thayyaari (Does it ring a bell???)
Yeah, those elaborate functions are never without any drama or overloaded cheesiness.
The marriage can get canceled at any of these ceremonies.

We would be watching intently the wedding of our baes ready to wave off their sailing ship. Everything goes fine with a little bit of drama, of course until the last phere. There the marriage gets interrupted during the last of seven phere. Then the priest (pandit ji) will be all like... Enth cheyya Yeah, you have completed 99% of procedure... But because you didn't complete that last one step, your marriage is invalid. And then we'll be like:

 And then we'll be like:

*facepalm*

Another specialty during weddings and parties are the dresses. It's commendable how the actresses carry their heavy jewelry and 7kg designer lehengas.  The troubles we take for beauty. Phew! But, I must say, they look stunning in them. If I were made to wear such outfits, it would be best to say RIP to that outfit.

So what happens after marriage.  Yeah, we see a beautifully arranged room with rose decorations on the bed. All set for 'suhaag raat'. No, don't  think dirty thoughts. For some bizarre reason the couple never sleep together. They always fight for the right to sleep in the bed and the loser goes with a blanket and a pillow to sleep somewhere else. Oh!!! I didn't know that there was a ritual like that.  Thanks for reminding me of this in every serial. 

A/N
Finally here comes the late comer/updater after more than a month. Yeah, I deserve that facepalm too.  Thanks for all that best wishes for the last month. 
And...  We reached more than 1K votes... Thanks for that too. 
Question for you
What do you like about Indian dramas?.

Thanks for reading
Nothinga