21. Accident

21. Miraculous escapes from supposedly fatal accidents. Courtsey: Indian serials/ bollywood

A/N:
You must be glad I am not writing a novel with this kind of an updating schedule! Don't worry... I am not writing a novel anytime soon. For now.. You could read about accidents..

WARNING: This is going to be a looong chapter... Read at your own leisure. You thought I was going to say risk, didn't you?

In other words,... The situations where a person would obviously die, but not when you are a main hero or a villain in an drama. (also applicable to movies)

About time that I addressed this topic, right? Falling off a cliff, bitten by a snake, hit and run, falling off the stairs, etc etc and etc. I will try to make a list of the most cliche or most ridiculous ones and you can add the ones I missed in your comments.
(Because I am human, I forget things.. So..)

1. The classic car accident: These are actually so common even in real life that we can't blame of it being one of the most overused plots. You know... the usual head on collision with a truck where the car rolls over and is smashed up or something close to that.
The result: Raj ends up in a hospital with some minor injuries which will fade away within four days. Aaand as I said before, he has lost his memories. Somewhat believable?? Then what about this.

2. Cliff: The car might also fall off from a high cliff from where nobody has escaped till date. Another situation is where both Simran and Raj are chased by those 'Pathetic Gundas' and they reach a dead end near the edge of the cliff... Then.. Then.. Both of them decide to jump heroically rather than die in the hands of the goons.
The result: Most of the times, they end up in different places with minor injuries and maybe some memory loss. One being treated in the local hospital and other by a village doctor with herbs and bandages.

3. Gunshot: See, I thought that I would die instantly if I were shot in the head. But I was wrong I think, the maximum loss I would suffer is a memory loss,(yeah, that same old memory loss. I just don't understand the serial makers' obsession with memory loss. Everytime I see that in aa serial I feel like writing one more chapter on memory loss).
Drama and movie logic: The minor goons die within a single shot, the main villain needs 2-3 bulletshots to die while the hero still has the chance to live after 8 bullets entered his body.

In a serial, the guy was shot in the head and fell off a cliff. But guess what, he survived...with that damn memory loss. I stopped watching that drama. You know, I couldn't keep up with their level of logic.

4. Fire: All thanks to our villain, Simran is under grave danger. She is trapped in a building set on fire by you know who. And as the 'damsel in distress' she is, she does nothing which might be potentially useful in getting out of the fire. Well, if not always... It happens most of the times.
The result: In enters our hero Raj amidst the raging flames, in one scoop lifts Simran in his arms effortlessly and brings her to safety. (of course he could enter the building and leave it unscathed due to his fireproof body). Both are perfectly okay, except for Raj's shirt which had caught fire which he puts out with one swish of his hand.

5. Natural calamity: believe it or not.. There was once a serial which showed a heroine who 'flew' in a freaking 'tornado' some hundred meters where hero was standing. Whatever the disaster, we know that our Simran and Raj would never die, unless one of them had actually quit the show... Even then they could 'come back' after doing plastic surgery that changes everything about them including sound, height, weight, face.. Literally everything... Wow! In dramaland, the plastic surgery is soo advanced.

6. Snake Bite: Although it's not that common in serials it's spimple... Simran gets bitten by a deadly poisonous snake and Raj, who suddenly becomes Snake Specialist Raj just sucks out the venom... Or prays until the same snake bits her at the same spot (Well, Mr Cobra, if you had to do this, why did you bite her in the first place.) And Simran is miraculously cured. See, as simple as that.

The interesting fact is that when Raj is under mortal trouble, Simran always gets the wind of it at the same instant. If your kumkum gets spilt from its case, or the photo frame of your husband falls down or lamp extinguishes. Rush to the nearest hospital because your husband is in ICU.
So good luck with that...

And Ramadan Mubarak
Thanks for reading, voting and commenting... Whoever did those..
Nothinga