Chapter 23 -It is a feeling

Chapter 23 –It is a feeling

"Our beloved Prophet {S.A.W} said, 'Choose well for your seed (offspring) marry suitable women and marry your daughters to suitable men.'"

~Ibn Majah

As Waliya and Aahil arrived at their home, Aahil unlocked the car and went to get his bags out of the back. Waliya stepped up next to him, prepared to help him with a bag, when he demanded that she just go upstairs empty handed. She rolled her eyes at him and they had a little staring contest in the middle of their underground parking lot. He blinked first.

"Ha! I win!" she said and did a fist bump in the air. "Now, pass me one of your bags," she said and held an arm out, while the other rested on her waist.

He stared at her, completely unphased by what was supposed to be her intimidating pose. "No, I am not letting you carry a single bag upstairs Waliya."

"Aahil," she said with a slight whine. "You have a lot of things to carry up. At least give me one bag," she bargained.

He conceded and passed her his laptop bag. "Here you go," he smiled at her and motioned for her to go upstairs. With a sad sigh, she acquiesced and then marched her way upstairs. Aahil just laughed as he watched her walk away. He heaved his bags out of the car and struggled to carry the heavy bags upstairs. When Waliya appeared at the stairs to help him, he gave a dirty look. She huffed and then walked away.

By the time he got into the flat, she was busying making his tea and had already placed his sandwiches on a plate. "Do you want me to make something else?" she asked him as she turned to face him.

"No, Jazakallah. If you don't mind, I'll just go and have a shower quickly," he said.

"By the time you are done with the shower, your tea will be ready," she told him and then turned back to the tea on the stove. Without warning, Aahil walked over and placed a kiss on her temple, and then walked silently into their room.

Once the tea was done, Waliya left it on the stove for a bit, to remain warm and then made her hot chocolate and marshmallows while she waited for Aahil. When her hot chocolate and marshmallows was finish made, she sat down and waited for him. After another ten minutes or so, he walked into the kitchen with wet hair. "Are you insane to walk out of the bedroom with such wet hair?" she almost shrieked as she poured his tea.

He laughed. "It's a bit colder here than it is in Dubai, but I still see no reason as to why you are complaining," he said as he sat down.

"Just wait for tonight," she huffed and then passed him his tea with a smile.

He took it with a smile on his face, which turned into a grin once he saw the tea and the colour of it too. "Well done! It looks exactly like mine. It all goes down to the taste!" he said.

"Yeah, well, I had six months of practice," she smirked. "I think now your neighbours might be sad that you returned," she added as an afterthought.

"Why?" he asked and then took a sip of the tea. It scalded his tongue and he pulled away with a hiss. "Ow!"

She clicked her tongue and walked over to him. "It's so hot, why would you even try to sip from it?" she asked him a soft tone.

He looked at her with his big brown eyes, the innocence and smiles that she saw in them caused her to falter for a moment, then he answered. "I really wanted to taste it," he said with a slight pout.

"Sabr, Aahil. Rather eat a sandwich and let it cool off slightly before you attempt drinking," she offered.

"Do I have a choice?" he muttered and picked up a sandwich. Waliya thought that he was going to complain about it, or not eat it, yet he did the last thing she would have ever have thought of doing. He latched onto her arm and pulled her closer to him, before placing the sandwich in line with her mouth. "Eat," he said and stared at her, daring her to say different.