Chapter 26 - Honeymooning

Chapter 26 -Honeymooning

"Narrated Abu Hurairah {R.A}: Allah's Messenger {S.A.W} said, 'It is not lawful for a lady to observe Saum (nawafil) without permission of her husband when he is at home, and she should not allow anyone to enter his house without his consent; and whatever she spends of his wealth without being ordered by him, he will get half the reward.'"

~ Sahih Bukhari

The golden colour of sand glided through Waliya's toes as she and Aahil walked barefoot on the hot sand. Waliya's feet were slightly burning, but she ignored it as she revelled in the feeling of having Aahil's arm casually –yet still possessively –wrapped around her waist, drawing her flushed against his larger form. Above them, seagulls cawed and flew in lazy circles and the scent of fresh salty water made her even more aware of the fact that she was with her amazing husband in a place she had only ever dreamed of.

"Are you happy?" Aahil asked her as he squeezed her side.

"Hmm?" she said as she stopped and tilted her head upwards to look at her husband.

Aahil smiled at her lovingly, he knew she was just as in awe of the brilliance of Allah's creation as they stared at the beach and the atmosphere. Bending lower, he placed a chaste kiss on her forehead because of her cute nature in which she is blown away by simple things. "I asked whether you were happy or not," he repeated.

Waliya giggled and hid her blushing face in his chest as she hugged his waist, one hand fisting his thin t-shirt in the back. "Waliya," he said holding back his smile. Aahil took two fingers and gently pried her face from his t-shirt. "Look at me, my sweetheart," he commanded softly.

"It's just been such a wonderful time here, Aahil, that I don't want to go back home," she said shyly.

Aahil laughed and hugged her. "I know, my sweetheart. But we have been here already for three weeks," he told her.

She lifted her head at him and scrunched her nose. "I know, but it feels like we've just arrived yesterday. Alhamdulilah, we've had such a beautiful time together. This place is so secluded that I've truly enjoyed myself here."

He kissed her scrunched up button nose. "I'm glad, my angel. You deserve everything that I can afford to give you," he said smiling at her. "I know it can never make up for leaving you straight after our wedding, but I hope it is a small start."

Aahil kept a firm hold on Waliya's waist as he took a step away from her and looked into her eyes. To Aahil, it was a meeting of his soul and hers entwining eternally. A permanent, unbreakable bond formed, but he was not complaining for marriage had made him a better person. Becoming her husband had only changed his life in the best of ways, it had created a wonderful and humbling experience for him. Aahil had learned to apologise, just because his wife was sad, he had learned to forgive her silly and erratic ways, realising that it was her nature. Looking at Waliya with the glow of the sun's rays forming a halo around her head, it made him realise just how lucky he was to have chosen Waliya to be the woman he walks to Jannah with, but more than that, Aahil realised that he was fortunate enough to have Waliya beside him as they journeyed through life, through the happiness and heartaches, through the highs and lows, through mountains and valleys.

His beautiful, radiant wife, would be his partner that he was blessed with for some unknown reason, to support him when things go smoothly, and when things won't be that smooth. She would be the first one he could go to when he wanted to celebrate his joys, she would be the one that would comfort him when he needs someone to lean on and help him face his adversities. He knew that his Waliya, would not judge him when he failed, she would instead be the hand offered to help him up again, to offer support and to guide him back to his strengths, because he was certain that she was not one to go out and grab the light and say that she is the that reason he succeeds.