Excerpt

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Yes, I know it doesn't make sense, but if you get to the scene in the book it will make sense! Furthermore, she is not reading while on her period. I would just like to clear that up!

AAHIL POV

"Waliya," Aahil whispered softly as he shook her shoulders. "Waliya, it's Fajr time, wake up," he said sweetly shaking her with a bit more force.

She groaned and he guessed what was wrong. It was that time of the month for her. Well, it could be the only thing to deter her. She was generally a light sleeper, but she just had trouble getting out of bed. It was one thing he found adorable about her.

"Come Waliya, we have to make Fajr," he said as she opened her eyes. He smiled down at her, glad that she was at least able to be up. He lifted her body up and slung her arm over his shoulder as he pulled her carefully out of bed. As her feet touched the floor, he pushed her shoes toward her and she slid her feet in and he helped towards their small bathroom.

"Can you stand on your own?" he asked her sweetly.

Waliya just gave him a dull stare and held her stomach. "It's cramps, I won't die," she said miserably.

He chuckled and opened the tap letting the water run to heat up. "You shouldn't waste water to make wudhu," she pointed out through her cramps.

He chuckled again. "Jee, genius, I know that. But you are suffering with cramps and the cold water will only make things worse," he said as the water turned warm and he stretched her arm under the water to help her make her wudhu.

She rolled her eyes, but smiled as he gently helped her throughout her wudhu, making sure that the water stayed warm and didn't get too hot to burn her. Even though she pretended to be okay and independent, she was truly grateful for his help. Her cramps were terrible, but she knew she had to make her salaah.

Aahil was a great help to her and she absolutely loved the way he would help her. The way he would take care of her. "Waliya, be careful," he said as he half dragged her out of the bathroom and to their room. "Here," he said handing her a scarf. "Put it on while I'll set the musallahs out."

"Jazakallah," she smiled at him.

"Ameen," he said and she could see a light blush on his cheeks.

As she tied her scarf, he laid out both musallahs, his slightly ahead of her and then motioned for her to come forward. She came and he smiled at her as he shoved a strand of her hair back and together they made the Fajr salaah.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Yes, I know it doesn't make sense, but if you get to the scene in the book it will make sense! Furthermore, she is not reading while on her period. I would just like to clear that up!

SO, I AM SO FED UP OF EXPLAINING THIS TO PEOPLE. SHE IS NOT READING SALAAH WHILE ON HER PERIOD. SHE SUFFERS FROM DYSMENORRHEA.

Dysmenorrhea is the medical term for the painful cramps that may occur immediately before or during the menstrual period.

Secondary dysmenorrhea is pain caused by a disorder in the woman's reproductive organs. These cramps usually begin earlier in the menstrual cycle and last longer than common menstrual cramps.