Chapter 21

A few weeks later.....

TAYLOR's POV

"He is one of the best doctors in London, he has taken the case of Emma, he tells us she would be fine soon now." I was on the phone, walking around the garage while Emma was sitting on one of the chairs in the garden, waiting for her dad.

"I am so happy to hear that, you have no idea." Abigail replied, "how is Emma though? is she happy or she misses home and Andrew?" 

"She is really happy, she gets everything she wants, she just have to say the word Abi, Harry is acting crazy, giving her more than I couldn't have given her whole life. He loves her, its good to see her this happy."

"that's amazing." She said amused.

"I know! He take cares of her and doesn't mind all the struggle that he has to go through, he is even thinking about taking her to America if he could find a better doctor there, but everyone keeps suggesting that this doctor is better than any."

"Im so relieved, I told you he would do this for his daughter. I feel like talking to you a long time back, you were in the same place telling me how good your husband is."

I stared numbly at the trees for a while, wondering why Abigail would mention that.

"He wasn't a good husband, but he does act like a good dad. Take care Abigail, I have to go" And I hung up.

When I turned around to walk back to Emma, Harry was already there, playing with her, tickling and hugging her, just like I always imagined them to be when I lived with him, I always imagined him playing like this with my children.

Harry's POV

Next day. 

I was about to go home from work when my mother called, she was still in America and informed me how good all her events were going. She asked me why I sounded so happy, she said she didn't hear me smiling or this excited in years. I told her I just had a good meeting and everything went as I planned, I made it a note to act like Im always happy, I could feel why she is always worried about me after becoming a dad myself. If Emma won't be happy then I won't be as well, it goes the same in this situation.

That night Emma was brushing her teeth in the bathroom with Taylor while I was sitting on her bed waiting for her to come back so I could read her some story before she falls asleep and then go sleep in my own room.

"Emma hurry up mate, your dad is waiting here!" I said like she wasn't my six year old daughter but a friend. 

"TWO MINUTES" She screamed through the bathroom, loud enough to be heard by the maids in their quarters probably.

I just smiled.

A few seconds later she ran around the bed to get to me, and stood in front of me with a big huge grin from ear to ear.

"umm?" I made a questioning voice.

"She is asking if her teeth are clean." Taylor said from behind, I turned to look at her, nodded a thanks and turned back to my daughter.

"Wow, they are so bright, kind of blinding me. I guess I will have to get lessons from you on cleaning my teeth." I tried to make her happy by exaggerating what was nothing.

"Mama can help you teach that, she is the one who taught me" She said like it wasn't a big deal for Taylor to teach me how to clean my teeth. Emma jumped on my lap and told me what story to read. 

As I started reading, I could sense the presence of another person in this room, who would never sit on the bed till I was sitting, who would walk around the room acting like she is arranging the bookshelf or putting things to places, who would make sure not to make any noise so we feel like no ones there but me and my daughter reading a book but god knows how much her presence lingered on my skin even when she was far.