Chapter 12

"Taylor these spaghetti, I could eat them all year and won't mind it a bit" Nick told my wife who was sitting beside me and across from him.

"Thanks" she mumbled, busy playing with her own plate.

" do you know harry, when I was in hospital, I had soar throat, My tastebuds were so senseless and I couldn't eat any shit except her soup. She brought it daily for me and I'm so thankful. Every sip felt like I was sitting in heaven. Plus whenever she would visit I wouldn't be bored, and even Aunt Sam could go home and rest for the hours taylor stayed with me." He kept speaking.

I felt taylor look at him wide eyed, as if why would he say all that in front of me, but he didn't seem to notice.

Alone in hospital rooms. For hours. Taking care of him. Entertaining him. Bringing him soup.

All this stuff was echoing in my mind.

"This is so delicious taylor" he said yet again.

"Thank you, thank you so much" she told him nicely. And then turned to me. "Why aren't you eating harry?" She asked me in the smallest voice, like she was afraid I'll blow up.

"Harry you seem really quiet today, is everything okay? You seem distant" Nick asked me.

"Yes I'm sorry about it, it's just headache." I tried to fake a smile.

"You know the thing about headaches, it makes you feel so miserable, even I had it before coming here, but having to eat Taylor's food, it's just vanished it away...."

I got up before he could say anything else, making my chair screech back and fall.

"I'm sorry. I think I'll just rest for a while" I told them and went inside my room.

Taylor this, taylor that, Taylor's food, Taylor's soup, Taylor's blood. I'm tired!! I'm so freaking tired of it all!! And I still left her alone with that asshole, while she's wearing that fucking dress.

I sat on my bed, my back resting with it, legs spread across.

And I closed my eyes.

***
When I heard a movement I opened my eyes to see her standing in front of the mirror, in her nightdress, combing her hair, staring at me through the mirror.

When she noticed that my eyes were wide open, she quickly placed the comb on the dressing and walked towards me, I was in same position, half sitting and half laying while she sat right beside me. Her voice really soft and delicate.

"Are you okay? You seem really tired" she placed her hand on my forehead, checking my temperature.

I quickly held it in mine.

"I am, it's just this headache"

"Are you sure? I mean there's nothing else? No other problems?"

I shook my head.

"Told you, I'm tired and I have headache"

"In that case I'll bring you some tea" she quickly got up to leave for the tea.

"No! Stay here. You sitting beside me would make me forget all my tiredness and pains. Please" I held her wrist.

"I'm here harry, I'm always here" she whispered coming to sit on the other side of the bed in her place.

"Come I'll give you some massage" she told me kissing my lips and her hand found her way to my forehead while I lied down completely, closing my eyes.

****

When I opened my eyes, I felt heavy, something heavy was on me, oh no, only my forehead.

I turned my head to find taylor sitting, her back rested with bed, she was sleeping and her hand was the heavy thing on my forehead.