Chapter 17

Taylor's POV

"Emma!!" I called. 

I had just came back from the school I was teaching in, Abigail was still at her job. 

"Emma baby" I called again. 

Either she has fallen asleep or she was playing some trick on me. 

"I brought you chocolates" I announced. 

"MOM!!" She squealed running towards me. 

"There you are! I was worried darling." I hugged her back when I saw her arms encircling my thighs. 

"Chocolates?" she looked up at me with the shine in her eyes that I rarely see.

"Not now, we will have lunch and then you will go sleep. Then you will wake up right when I call your name, no whinning, then we will study, have dinner with Aunt Abi, you can play with Andrew if you want to and then we will go to bed, I will only give you chocolate if you promise to brush your teeth before sleeping. Deal?" 

"NO! I want it now." She stumped her foot on the floor taking a step back from me. Her arms folded over her chest now. 

"Seems like you are not getting it for a week with the behaviour like this." I shrugged and walked to the kitchen to prepare lunch. 

"Sorry mama." She said innocently. 

"Let me work, Emma." I ignored her. 

"Please I will be a good girl now"

"Promise?"

She nodded eagerly. I gave her a flying kiss and continued to prepare lunch. 

******

"I want to play with Andrew." Emma said excitedly when I gave her last bite of dinner. 

"I know you want to. But what about the manners?" I asked giving her the eye. 

"Umm yes I know. I will knock on the door, ask his mom if he is free and then play." She replied with enthusiasm. 

"Okay go. But you will have to come back once I ask you to, I don't want you crying for extra minutes, you have school tomorrow." I kissed her forehead. 

"and a chocolate before bed" She kissed my cheek back and ran out the door. 

******

"Taylor ! Its Andrew's mother calling, she says something about Emma's heavy breathing" Abigail shouted from our lounge, I left the notes I was working on for my students and ran outside.

I know Emma usually plays with Andrew in his lawn. I didn't knock on their door, it was the house right beside us. But no one was in the lawn, Abigail was following me behind. I went straight inside their hall, there she was, my daughter, sitting on a stool with Andrew standing right beside his mother. She was drinking juice. 

"I'm sorry Sarah, you had to go through this. I know when she has difficulty breathing she panics." I apologized to Andrew's mom. 

"Its fine. She is alright now." She patted her head. 

"C'mon Emmie, Its time for bed." I told her. 

"And chocolate." She reminded me. I nodded. 

Once I put her to bed, Abigail called me out the room. 

"I know I know Abi." I rubbed my forehead. 

"Its probably nothing but we should get her checked, she can't run like normal kids, she cannot play for long. There is something wrong with her stamina." 

"I will take her to hospital tomorrow, I promise. No more procrastinating this.

******

TWO WEEKS LATER.

Harry's POV

I was in the middle of a meeting, I've been keeping myself as busy I could from last six years. My life has only been about work. No thoughts about the betrayals of past or cheaters that left me alone. I was not happy, but not sad. Everything was numb because I wouldn't think about it. 

My phone rang. 

"Excuse me" I asked my client.

"Sir, I'm sorry to disturb you in the meeting, but there is this woman who wants to see you and is really persistant, she is not giving out her name but says she won't go unless you see her once. She says its important." My assitant sounded anxious. 

"Relax. Tell her to wait if its so important, I will meet her right after I'm finished with this meeting, but if its not important in the end I won't be nice to her. Did she give out any information?" 

"She says she is Emma's mom." I got ominious vibes.

"Emma? Who the hell is Emma? Tell her to wait and send her in once you see my clients leave" I hung up.

Emma. I'm damn sure I dont know any EMMA.

I continued the meeting, negotiating here and there. And then finally after about two hours, the clients left. By this time I was tired and just wanted to go home. I was thinking about calling my assistant to tell her to send off the woman who came to meet me and fix her somewhere in the schedule tomorrow and I was waiting for the door to knock to know that the woman was already there. But the knock never came. 

What came in, was a sudden harsh sound of the door opening, and then loud cacophony when it buffeted back to the frame. My hand was halfway to the reciever of the phone when I withdrew it to take in the woman standing in front of me. 

Tall, beautiful, familliar. My wife. Taylor. 

But she didn't look like the person I remembered, who stayed in my memories after all these years. Who visited me in my dreams, who reminded me of the once happy period of time in my life. That girl was shy, bashful, so quiet yet astute when spoken to, who would take in every pain inflicted on her, who would cry every so often, whose smile could brighten up the night sky better than those thousand stars she loved to see so much. 

This girl? She was confident. And that is all I got, she didn't seem delicate. The hair I loved so much, I always made her open them, were tied in a big bun on her head. Her eyes had no shine to them, dull. Long lose sweater covering more than half of her thigh, old jeans. and flats. She looked like the woman I met when her mom was battling cancer, just aged. 

I wanted to ask what the hell she was doing in here. How dare she enter my office? How dare she make a scene in front of all my employees. I wanted to stand up and slap her for the guts she have to stand in front of me after leaving me alone for a guy like Nick. For cheating on me. But I couldn't utter a single word. 

She started speaking, throwing various papers and documents on my table, the first one was a photograph.

"This is my daughter, Emma Alison Styles. Unfortunately, my daughter's biological father is you. This is my daughter's blood report. Her blood group is B+. If you remember, my blood group is not B+, nor is of Nick. However your blood group IS B+. If you still need more evidence you can go through DNA tests. I'm sure you have enough money to spend on that and as well as on her open heart surgery, which should happen as soon as possible. These are all her previous medical reports. And this is my address, if you decide to help, please come visit. She needs the money for surgery." 

She was gone. 

She shows up after fu*king six years. Stand in front of me, talk about the daughter I never knew I had and left  me speechless. Now where is her Nick? Why isn't HE helping with the money?

I throw all the documents from my table, the sound of door slamming when she left still ringing in my ears. There was only one picture left on the table. Polaroid. Of Emma. The daughter I didnt know existed, but is mine as said by Taylor. I don't even look at it before i throw it off the table as well. 

I grab my coat, my briefcase and leave the office. 

(A/N HEYYYYY !!!! I HOPE YOU ALL HAD GREAT HOLIDAYS AND NEW YEARS AND CHRISTMAS. HAPPYYYY NEWWWW YEARRRRR :D I have my SAT exam on Saturday wish me luck and pray for me !! please !!!!! AND HERE YOU GO :D GIVE ME FEEDBACK PLEASE.)