Chapter 23

Harry's POV

I was about to leave for the office when I realized Emma had woken up too. Taylor took her to her own room while I followed behind to say goodbye before leaving. Taylor hurried her into the bathroom, telling her she should brush her teeth first. I waited outside, trying to put her toys in places that were scattered on the bed. My phone rang and I noticed it was my mom.

While I talked to her about my busy life, and when she was returning, Taylor walked back to the room to get some clothes for Emma. I was very angry that I had to lie to my mom about how I was only happy nowadays because there was less pressure from work or I landed some great deals. I hate Taylor even more when I thought about this. I walked behind Taylor, she was still taking out some clothes from the cupboard.

When she turned, I was right behind her. I slammed my hand right beside her head on the wall, keeping it their I started to yell.

"I have to lie to my mom, only because of you. What should I tell her even if I try? That my wife who fled away with a guy has returned? Or that she returned with my daughter who is very sick? Where should I start Taylor Alison Swift? If being a man I couldn't tolerate it, how will she?" I roared out at her.

The Taylor I knew would have trembled and shivered, her lips must have started to quiver and tears would have rolled from her eyes by now. She would have looked down, waiting for me to apologize or tell her it was alright and I won't raise my voice again. But none of this happened.4

What actually happened was that she stood there, staring right at my eyes, giving me more virulent look than I was giving her. Unexpected.

"So? This is not my problem. My only problem and concern is my daughter's health, once she is fine, I won't stay a moment here." She yelled back, and found her way around my arm, she walked inside the bathroom and I only heard the bathroom door slam shut.

*******

I was sitting on my office roof with Lou and one other colleague named Ed, we usually come up here to enjoy a smoke. Lou doesn't smoke and always tells me not to as well, but this time I decided not to smoke because of my sick daughter at home. Ed kept teasing me about not smoking, asking me the reason why. I told him there were many people in my life who wanted me to quit smoking, Lou being one of them. I was noticing the weird blushing and proudness in Lou's manner suddenly but before I could say something my phone rang.

I excused myself seeing it was from my home and this was probably Taylor dialing my number for Emma. When I received the call, it was Emma. Before I could say hi, she started talking without even breathing in between.

"Papa, Emma want to go to zoo. Emma asked mama she said no. I am very sad, papa. I want to see lion and tiger and and mouse and sparrow and ummm hipotomus"

I laughed. I couldn't help it.

"Baby, papa will come home now and take you to the zoo, okay?" 

"Promise?!?" She exclaimed.

"Yes, I will be there in an hour. And by the way, its hippopotamus"

"What?" 

"Nothing, princess. Get ready" I smiled.

"And mama? I want her to see mouse too" Her voice was back to being very sad.

"I will convince her, don't worry"

I went back to apologize to my colleagues. "I am sorry guys, I have to get home for some emergency. I know you guys will handle the meeting without me. Sorry"