Chapter 28

LAST CHAPTER:

Harry's POV

I was sitting in the swimming area, by now the papers in my hand made little or no sense at all. There were two reasons for that: I was very drunk, and I had cried so much that I literally wet the letter. But I couldn't stop reading it. It was her writing. 

A part of me wanted to think she planted it when she came back with Emma, just so she could play with my mind and live with me forever. But most of me wanted to kill that part, and not just kill, brutally kill that part of me. How could I not trust my wife? How could I leave her alone for all those years when she needed me? How could I not be there for her in her pregnancy, her labor, Emma's treatment and diagnosis? 

My hand was bleeding from collision with various places, I think I had a dislocated shoulder too probably. Its been a few hours I had read it, and I don't really remember all the events that occurred between those hours. All I know is I was in the area where she most found peace or at least searched for it, she came here every time she was sad. I was here too. 

Emma had spent her whole day watching cartoons and drawing, crying too for most part. My mother had said something about her falling asleep while watching something, while I was on my way here. I didn't want to look at my mom so I nodded and kept walking.

At this point, I had no idea what to do. I wanted to see Taylor but I couldn't drive at this time. I was really drunk. So I just laid there looking at the sky but there was no sky in this swimming area. Only a very weird roof. Weird because the paint here had gotten old and I hadn't noticed before today. I wanted to look at the sky. But there was no sky, exactly like I wanted to see Taylor but there was no Taylor. She hated me so much, I am finding it very hard to believe that she came to me for help with Emma's surgery, she must have really needed the money, she must really love Emma. So much that she left Emma with the one guy she hates so Emma could live happily. That woman I abandoned had proven to be the best wife, has proven to be the best mother.

There was a mother like her, who forgot all her pride for her daughter, then there was my mom who took it all away from me for some fuc*ed up reason.

More time passed, I was still staring up. Crying. I wasted six years believing a lie, I wasted six precious years of her life, of Emma's life, of our once happy life.

I cried some more. 

But at some point I managed to get up, I didn't think I was drunk now, maybe I was but I knew I could drive. I had to see her, even if it was the last thing I did. I wished I could kill myself but then Emma will have a harder life, and whatever Taylor did, she lived for Emma, she didn't find a easy way. How could I be a chicken?

I didn't drive way too fast, but I was there without even realizing it. I had no idea what I was gonna say to her. What can I say? I wish I had read that letter like a week ago, well I should have read it like 6 years ago but it would have been so much better to read it before she left me again. I could have begged for her to stay. What could I say now?

But I still walked to her door, luckily or probably unluckily I didn't have to knock or procrastinate, as she was leaving for somewhere and already at the door.

"Harry?" She gasped, and then her face went white, "What happened to Emma? Is she okay?", she ran towards me, I was so dumbstruck that I didn't response. I felt her hands on my arms, shaking them.

"Is she okay!?!" She yelled at me.

"She is." I said.

"Then why are you here? What happened?" She wiped the tears running on her cheeks.