Different (Nash Gold x Reader)

"Nash, we need to go. Our parents are waiting for us!" You burst into the hotel room your blonde childhood friend was in. Your family and his were having a little staycation at a newly opened luxury hotel, on account of how Mr Gold had connections.

As always, he was surrounded by women, a flirtatious smirk on his face. He had his arms looped around the waists of two women, and another two struggling to stick to his sides.

This was the man you were in love with. Your childhood friend, Nash Gold Jr, a complete womanizer and arrogant jerk. You hated yourself for loving him, but you couldn't help it. Love is blind, after all.

You were in love with him not because he was good-looking or hot or whatever it is girls seemed to think he is, but because you believed that under the callous facade was a good man. Everyone you told this to just laughed dismissively, but you ignored them. You had grown up with him, you had seen how he only started becoming a jerk in middle school because of various circumstances. You still believed that the kind little boy who stood up for you when you were being picked on in kindergarten, who picked dandelions from his garden for you was still in there somewhere.

Even now, you could catch glimpses of him every now and then. When he was being a huge asshole to players on the basketball court and you yelled at him for it, he would roll his eyes and scowl at you, but would still tone down the insults. When he made you cry sometimes by crossing the line and being too harsh with his words, he would turn his back on you, annoyed. Yet the very next day, when he turned up on your doorstep on his motorcycle to take you to school, he would mutter 'sorry', hoping that the roar of the engine and wind would drown out that embarrassing word. However, you could hear it, you could feel it. So you would just smile and wrap your arms around his waist, letting yourself fall deeper in love with this infuriating jerk, fall deeper into this unrequited love.

"Fine, fine," Nash was saying as he untangled himself from the posse of women. "I gotta go have dinner with my parents and my annoying little buddy. You'd better go now, I'll call you later."

At the word 'buddy', your stomach clenched up, but you tried not to show it. That was another reason why you would never confess to Nash. He never saw you as a woman, not even once. He was completely different in front of you compared to how he acted around other women. He was charming and flirty and downright seductive with them, but with you, he was his arrogant, mocking self. It was as though he was with his fellow male friends and teammates. Did he even see you as a woman? You didn't know. Desperate to get him to see you in another light, you wore your sexiest outfit that one time, the one your mom threatened to put in the trash if you wore it out in public. He had just taken a dismissive look at you and laughed, "What're you doing? Trying to be a drag queen?" Mortified and hurt, all your hopes that he saw you more than a "homie" were crushed. You weren't a woman to him. You were just an annoying childhood friend.

"Jeez, you're dumping us for this ugly shit?" A redhead glowered at you, casting a scrutinizing eye over you from head to toe. She thrust her huge boobs into your chest, as though daring you to challenge her.

"Exactly!" Another brunette chimed in with her high-pitched voice, trailing a finger along Nash's arm. "Look at her, just a plain-looking piece of trash. What is she thinking, begging you to screw her when she looks like this? Does she even look in the mirror? Come on, Nash baby, just ditch her. She's nothing like us."

Before you even knew what was happening, Nash had the two women slammed against the wall, each of his hands around their slender necks. The other two women watched on in horror, their pretty faces drained of color.

"Nash!" You gasped in horror. "Let go of them!"

"Shut up." Nash had a completely different aura about him now. He looked positively murderous, something you had only seen only a couple of times. Even you felt scared just looking at him. "You're right. You're different from her. Don't you even dare compare yourselves to her, stupid bitches. Take back what you fucking said and apologize, or you're going to regret it."

The two women were starting to turn pale from the lack of oxygen, as Nash's hands tightened around their necks. What if he killed them? You grabbed his muscular arms, trying to drag him away before he actually killed someone.

"Stop, Nash!" You screamed. "Stop it! It doesn't matter!"

"I'm... I'm sorry!" The brunette and redhead choked out, tears running down their cheeks. "I take... back... what I said! Please..."

True to his words, Nash released his grip, and they collapsed to the floor, coughing and wheezing.

"I'll give you ten seconds to disappear from my sight." He glared at them, his eyes glowing with hatred.

The other two women quickly dragged the brunette and redhead to their feet and bolted out of the room, terrified. The door clicked shut behind them, and you looked at Nash, and tears started dripping down your cheeks. He stepped forward, his arms open, and you fell into them without even thinking about it.

"Hey, don't cry. They'll never insult you again, okay?" Nash rubbed your back.

"That's not... what I'm crying about, idiot!" You wheezed. "What if you actually killed them? I'm not worth it... Please don't do things like that for me ever again..."

"Don't you dare say that." He pushed you back at an arm's length. "Don't you dare say you're not worth it."

Before you could even react, his lips came crashing down on yours.

"Mfrghh!" You struggled to say something, but it was no use. You didn't want to resist it either. You were soon lost in the kiss too. Your arms curled around his neck, over his tattoo. His lips were soft, but the kiss was rough and passionate and everything you had ever dreamed of but never thought would actually happen. Every nerve ending in your body was on fire, and your head was filled with nothing but him, him, him.

All too soon, Nash stopped, panting. You were glad to see that you weren't the only one flustered. His face was crimson, his breath was ragged, his eyes were cloudy with lust. You were brought back to reality all too soon.

"Thank you." Tears flowed down your cheeks, and you tried for a smile. "Even though it's only out of pity, I..."

Nash held your face in his hands, and bent down to kiss you again, this time a soft, gentle, sweet one, completely different from the fiery hot one just seconds ago.

"What the hell are you talking about? Pity? Like I would kiss anyone out of pity? Who do you think I am?" He scowled at you. "I kissed you because I want to, okay? I don't know if this is love- heck, what even is love? All I know is, you're the only one I want to kiss and touch. I've been going crazy, trying to figure what the hell is wrong with me, using all those other women to try and get rid of this weird feeling. That time I told you that you looked like a drag queen? I was trying to hide my boner. But now I'm done. I'm done trying to resist it."

You laughed, breathless, your mind reeling in shock. "You don't have to resist it anymore. We'll do this together, okay? Explore this so-called... love."

"Hell yes."

~o~

I can't describe a kiss to save my life, somebody teach me HAHAH.