Kaichou (Kise x Reader) PART II

"Are you crazy?" You spluttered.

"Uh, last time I checked, no, I'm not," he replied, looking bemused. "I mean it, (Last Name)-cchi. Be my girlfriend."

You started gathering the papers on the table, fumbling a little. You were still in shock, but after all, you were the cool-headed student council president who could handle anything with a clear head. Even that time when that student got drunk inhaling too much ethanol in the Chemistry lab and tried to set the lab on fire.

Which was why you knew that Kise couldn't possibly be serious. He never was. You knew that from first-hand experience, not to mention the constant complaints from Kasamatsu, who was in your class, about a certain blonde idiot. Why would a model like him want me anyway? Yeah, he's an idiot, but a good-looking one, you thought grudgingly. What would he want with Kaijo's very own Medusa, a senpai who threatened to pull his ear off every time she saw him?

"Go home, Kise," you sighed. "It's getting late. And just give up. I don't know what the hell you're playing at, but just stop it."

"I won't give up. I'll have you know that," he replied, with an unusually serious look on his face. "I'll be like an annoying fly you can't swat away."

And boy, did he stay true to his words. Practically every waking moment of your life starting from that day was filled with Kise popping up everywhere you went.

"(Last Name)-cchi! Wanna have lunch together?" He would shout from a distance when he saw you during lunch, waving and grinning like a maniac. You would ignore him, but he would run up and tackle you with that annoyingly cute pout on his face. "Stop ignoring me, senpai!"

When he saw you at the lockers at the end of the day, it was, "(Last Name)-cchi! Let's go home together! Aww, come on, I'll treat you to taiyaki!"

The next day, it was, "(Last Name)-cchi! Let's go to the amusement park together on Sunday!"

Or, "Let's go to the mall!"

Or, "Hey, (Last Name)-cchi! Come support me at the Winter Cup, pretty please, with a cherry on top?"

You were, needless to say, going mad. You stomped up to him and glared up at him.

"Kise Ryouta! If you don't stop this crap, I swear I'm going to tell Kasamatsu you said you're in love with him," you threatened.

"I don't even care if you tell him I said he's a midget with PMS," Kise retorted. "I know he'll kick me to a pulp, but I don't care. I told you I won't give up until you give me a chance."

Over the course of the next few weeks, your ice heart was slowly melting around the edges because of him, whether you liked it or not. True to his word, Kise didn't give up, and continued pestering you. He even turned up on your doorstep in the mornings to walk to school with you, with that goofy grin and bubbly enthusiasm. He even stayed behind after school every day to wait for you, even though you had told him countless times not to waste his time.

"If you want to wait, do it outside! I can't concentrate with you in here!"

"Is it because you're distracted by my good looks, (Last Name)-cchi?" Kise winked.

"N-no! Just go outside, you idiot!"

Gradually, you found that you weren't feeling annoyed by Kise, but secretly kind of happy. It felt good to be liked.

You admired how he never gave up on you, how he was always so cheerful and happy, how he could be so silly yet serious about things- and people- he really cared for.

It was a scary feeling, feeling your heart start to warm towards him.

One day, after you were done with your student council work, you stepped out of the student council room, expecting to find Kise sitting there outside waiting for you, probably reading a magazine and admiring his face in it, as he did every day.

But he wasn't there.

"Maybe basketball practice ran late?" You mused. You decided to go and check out the gym, just to see if he was there.

On the way there, you caught sight of a sliver of blonde hair and a flash of a silver earring behind a block, and was about to sneak up and scare the crap out of him when two male voices spoke. You quickly hid yourself and listened closely.

"Whoa, Kise, you're seriously the MVP!"

"Yeah, I can't believe you actually got so close to that Medusa."

"I'm soooo close to getting her to be my girlfriend!" That was definitely Kise's voice. You scowled. Don't get too cocky, you little brat!

"Man, does that mean we're gonna owe you 3000 yen?" One of the male students groaned.

"Heh, you betcha. She'll definitely agree to be my girlfriend by the end of this week." You heard Kise chuckle.

Your hand went up to cover your mouth instinctively. Bet? It was all just a bet?

Was it really shocking though? The sensible part of your mind chimed in. Why else would he ever get close to someone like me in the first place? He's Kise Ryouta- popular, handsome, bubbly. Why would he be dumb enough to go for a moody, violent, hated person like me? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Why did I trust him? Why did I let my guard down?

Why did I fall in love with him?

"... (Last Name)... cchi...?"