Magic (Hayama x Reader)

Happy belated birthday to the little cheetah <3

~o~

"(First Name)-chan, you like Kotaro, right?" Mibuchi said bluntly. The two of you were in the store room, sorting through crates of basketballs.

"What?" You could feel your face heating up like a lightbulb. It was true. You had had a crush on the blonde male ever since you became Rakuzan Basketball Club's manager. He was the most... well, normal person out of everyone in the team, as far as you could tell. The captain Akashi and sixth man Mayuzumi just intimidated you, Mibuchi creeped you out and Nebuya was, to say the least, gross.

Hayama had been the most approachable and friendly, and had gone out of his way to make you feel welcome. Naturally, you fell in love with him, but hid this fact. He treated everyone so nicely, so you didn't think you were special to him. Of course, you wanted him to like you back, but you thought that it was impossible. He was just friendly to everyone and anyone; you didn't want to get your hopes up. You didn't want to face rejection.

"I'm a love expert, you know," Mibuchi winked. "You can't hide it from me."

"I... I..."

"I can make him fall in love with you!" Mibuchi whispered with a mysterious grin across his face.

Your eyes widened in shock, not believing what you were hearing.

"You're joking, aren't you?"

The black-haired male put a hand into his pocket and produced a small bottle of perfume.

"It's a limited edition secret love perfume!" He announced with a flourish. "A team of scientists created it, and whoever puts this perfume on will make the person who first smells it fall in love with her."

You couldn't help it; you let out a chuckle. "Seriously, stop joking, Mibuchi-kun."

He pressed the small pink bottle into your hand and looked at you intensely from beneath his long lashes.

"Trust me on this. I'm not joking. Just give it a go, okay? There's no harm in trying anyway!"

Feeling somewhat transfixed, you just nodded numbly. It wouldn't work anyway, and the perfume actually smells good, you thought. So you thanked Mibuchi and walked out of the storeroom. You spotted Hayama just entering the gym, waving around cheerfully. Just the sight of him made your heart thump.

"Hey, (First Name)-chan!" He started walking towards you. Your hand involuntarily clenched around the bottle in your hand, making the perfume spritz out all over your hand and skirt.

"Crap!" You put the bottle into your pocket hastily and wiped your hands on your skirt.

"Hayama-kun!" You smiled brightly at him, but he had a dazed look on his face, as though he was in a trance.

Then he blinked, and what happened next took you by surprise.

"(First Name)-chan!" Hayama wrapped his arms around you, folding you into a hug. Something he had never done before.

"H-Hayama-kun?!" You choked out, your heart thumping wildly in your chest. Ohmygodohmygod! The perfume actually works?!

"Hey, can you be my girlfriend, (First Name)-chan?" He nuzzled your neck, making you blush even more. "I love you!"

You almost thought you had died and gone to heaven. This wasn't real. Before you even knew what you were doing, you had subconsciously nodded.

For the next two weeks, it was as though you were living in a dream. The best dream you could ever have. Hayama was the best boyfriend you could ever ask for. He taught you how to ride a skateboard. He was sweet, he was funny, he respected you. He made your life feel magical.

But it wasn't real. It never was. Every time he told you he loved you, you would feel a pang of hurt and guilt. He didn't. He was only saying that because of the spell he was under. That was why, every time he wanted to kiss you, you would turn away. Although you wanted nothing more than anything else to kiss him, you didn't want him to kiss you because he had to. You wanted him to do it because he wanted to.

Which was why this was all going to end today.

"Hayama-kun... No words can describe how magical these two weeks have been," you began nervously. Don't do it! A voice in your head screamed. Are you stupid? Your beloved Hayama-kun is head over heels in love with you! Why are you ruining it, idiot?

"But I've tricked you," you sniffed. "I'm very sorry. I'm a terrible person. Please, wake up from this. You don't love me. I've had fun, I really have. But I can't continue lying to you."

"(First Name)-chan..."

You ploughed right on, ignoring him, tears flowing down your face. "I'm sorry. I don't deserve your kindness. I wish you all the happiness in the world."

"I love you," Hayama said.

"You don't! That's the point!"

"Why don't you let me decide that?" He looked serious now, something you had only seen a couple of times. "You think this is because of the perfume?"

"You... you know about it?" You gasped in horror.

"I... made Reo-nee give it to you." Hayama admitted in a rush, running a finger through his hair, his face red with embarrassment. "I wanted to see if you actually like me... um... oh my God, I'm so pathetic!"

"We both are," you laughed, feeling so happy and relieved that you felt like flying. "We're both idiots."

"A match made in heaven, right?" Hayama grinned. "So... can I kiss you now?"

"Ummm... Yes..." You whispered, blushing.

Definitely two idiots in love, Mibuchi thought with a grin as he watched the two of you from a distance.