Locker (Kasamatsu x Reader)

It was official: you were in love with Kasamatsu Yukio. The two of you were from the same class, and ever since the first day you two met, you had developed feelings for the basketball captain. You were being picked on by a couple of annoying guys, but Kasamatsu had put them right in their place by throwing a basketball at their heads. Funnily enough, his aim was so good that it bounced off one guy's head and hit the other right in the nose.

He appeared angry and tough and violent on the outside, but you knew for a fact he was a shy softie on the inside. The way he turned as red as a tomato and stuttered when he talked to you just made your heart thud faster.

Therefore, you decided to confess to him before you graduated. You were still too shy to tell him face-to-face, so you wrote a love letter instead. Your face flamed just thinking about it, but you told yourself firmly to grow some balls and just do it. If not now, then when?

You walked towards the gym where the basketball club members were practicing, intending to sneak into the locker room and somehow slip it into Kasamatsu's locker. You didn't know which one, but hopefully you would figure it out somehow. Taking a deep breath, you clutched the envelope in your hand and walked into the locker room.

Two guys had just finished changing their shirts, and you quickly averted your eyes, blushing.

"Um..." You started awkwardly.

"Oh, you're here to give a love letter?" One of the guys nodded his head towards the letter in your hand, a knowing smile on his face.

"Uh... I..."

"Jeez, don't tease her." The other guy nudged his friend. To you, he said in a friendly voice, "Don't worry about it. We're just too used to girls coming in here to give him love letters. What is this... The twelfth one this week?"

You didn't know how to feel. Kasamatsu was that popular among girls? Well, he was cute and had a great personality. Of course he would have tons of admirers. Feeling somewhat defeated, you managed to dredge up a smile.

"Oh, I see..." You wanted to run out right now and throw the letter away. What if he just saw you as one of his many fangirls? You didn't want that.

"Right this way," the guy in the blue shirt grinned, gesturing to a locker on his right. "Damn, I'm so jealous of that bastard."

With the guys watching you, you couldn't possibly run out now. Gulping, you stepped towards the locker and slipped the letter into the blue locker. You mumbled a quick thanks, then fled from the locker room as quickly as you could.

~o~

One week had passed, then two. And there was no reply whatsoever from Kasamatsu, even though you wrote in the letter to give you an answer when he was ready. You tried not to cry, not to care. It was evident that he didn't feel the same way about you. He just thought of you as one of his annoying fangirls.

Thus, in the morning during class, you couldn't find the courage to smile at him like you usually did when you first stepped into the classroom. He raised a hand, ready to wave to you as he did every morning, but frowned when you turned away. After you failed to return his smile and wave for so many days straight, Kasamatsu started to worry. He slipped into his seat behind you, confused. Has something happened to (Last Name)?

You could feel his eyes boring into your back, so you hastily went to the bathroom to escape his piercing gaze. It was practically tearing you apart, trying to ignore Kasamatsu, but you had to do it. He hadn't even had the decency to give you a reply. After you splashed some water on your face, you returned to class as the teacher was going to arrive any second now.