Taller (Akashi x Reader)

You had decided to drop by your redheaded boyfriend's mansion to give him the homemade tofu soup you had cooked, knowing that AkaTofu was pretty much canon. You made your way upstairs to his room, and you heard a few thumps and huffing sounds floating out.

What could he be doing? Curious, you turned the doorknob as quietly as you could.

To your immense shock, Akashi was skipping. The skipping rope pounded the floor furiously, and Akashi was almost a blur as he jumped up and down.

He slowed down and stopped for a moment, taking a sip from a glass of milk on his desk.

"What on earth are you doing, Akashi-kun?" You couldn't help blurting out at the peculiar scene in front of you.

"(First Name)..." Akashi's eyes widened as he set down the glass. You could have sworn you saw his cheeks redden. "I'm not doing anything in particular. Just getting in some extra training."

You had reached his desk and set down the thermal container you were holding before he could react. "10 ways to grow taller," you read from the screen of his laptop. The other tabs showed phrases like "absolute ways to grow taller", "stretches to grow taller" and even "how to become a titan".

"It's just for research," Akashi said hastily, slamming the screen shut . "For the basketball team."

"Akashi-kun, everyone else among the regulars is over 180cm," you reminded him, trying to keep a straight face.

Looking at Akashi's face growing more awkward by the moment, you couldn't help it but burst into laughter.

"I'm sorry! But I can't believe... I can't believe you were skipping and drinking milk at the same time just to grow taller!" You snorted. "T-The captain that everyone lives in fear of Googling ways to grow taller!"

An annoyed look passed over Akashi's face, and he grabbed both of your wrists, stalking closer and closer to you so that you had to stagger back. Your back hit the wall, and you were trapped between his arms and the wall. The laughter had died in your throat, and you looked at Akashi slightly nervously.

You knew that he loved you, and would never do anything to harm you, but that dangerous aura he emitted still rattled you sometimes.

"What were you laughing about, (First Name)?" Akashi asked in that quiet, smooth voice of his. You didn't answer, as he had moved his face closer to yours. His hair was plastered to his forehead due to his sweat, and yet he still looked incredibly hot. How unfair was life?

"Um..."

"About me trying to grow taller?" You could feel his breath on your neck, and you couldn't breathe.

"Fine. It's true. But it isn't something I would want to spread around," he whispered. "I can just imagine how much fun those fools will have laughing their asses off at me. And it wouldn't do, would it? For me, the absolute Akashi Seijuro, to be laughed at?"

You could feel a bite on your neck, and you yelped in shock.

"So... I'm going to make sure you don't say anything about it. If you do..."

You froze in shock and anticipation as he continued trailing his lips down your neck.

"You're going to get punished."

To be honest, punishment sounded pretty enticing to you at that moment.

But first things first.

"Wait, Akashi-kun," you managed to push him away for a moment to look into his hungry eyes.

"Hn?"

"I just want you to know that I love you, no matter what your height is," you said in a rush, embarrassed. "Whether you're short or tall, you're still the Akashi-kun I like best. So... You don't have to try to change yourself, okay?"

Akashi's lips curled upwards into a small smile. "I suppose you could be right."

"But just in case you thought otherwise, I fully intend on finishing what I had started," he continued, a glint in his eyes, and swept you off your feet, carrying you bridal-style towards his king-sized bed. "Because I am absolute."

~o~

-Omake-

You: And you know, if you ever feel bad about being short, just remember that Levi is twice your age and still 13cm shorter than you are. At least you still have a chance of growing.

Levi: Who the fck does this brat think she is? Does she think she can get away with insulting humanity's greatest soldier?

Akashi: Touch (First Name) and you're dead, midget. *inner Akashi: Finally. I finally get to call someone a midget and it feels GOOD.*

Levi: What the fck, why do we have the same voice?!