Kaichou (Kise x Reader) PART III

Second last part, aka Part 3 of 4!

~o~

"Don't-" You spun around to face him, your eyes blazing with fury. "Call me that. Ever again."

The other two male students let out a shocked "k-kaichou!" and took off as fast as their legs could carry them, leaving you and Kise behind.

"It... it isn't what it seems like, (Last Name)-cchi!" Kise pleaded, grabbing onto your shoulders.

"I told you... not to call me that!" Furiously, you wrenched yourself away from his grasp and gave him a flying kick to where the sun doesn't shine. Letting out an anguished groan, he collapsed to the ground. For a moment or two, you felt a twinge of guilt.

Then you remembered how he had trampled on your heart.

"So, you'll be the one losing that 3000 yen now. Too bad for you. Stay the hell away from me. I mean it this time." With that, you turned and walked away, because even if your heart was breaking with each step you took, he would never know.

Three days had passed, and to be honest, it felt a little disconcerting without Kise popping up everywhere you went. True, he did try to approach you the day after that mess, but you made it clear that you would rather eat a sock than talk to him, and that if he approached you again, you would take a restraining order against him.

It was hard to admit, but you had thought he would continue bugging you even after that. But clearly, since the gig was already up, he couldn't be bothered anymore.

"That damned Kise..." Kasamatsu muttered, looking at his phone and jiggling his foot impatiently. The two of you sat next to each other in class, and you were waiting for the Math teacher to arrive. Your heart involuntarily leaped at the mere sound of his name.

"What's wrong?" You asked, trying to sound indifferent and casual.

"That idiot had to go and catch a cold, just three days before the match against Fukuda Sougo," Kasamatsu grumbled. "Although he's a dumbass, he's still Kaijo's ace after all."

His phone vibrated suddenly, over and over again.

"And now he's spamming me with messages instead of resting!" Kasamatsu read the texts, his brows furrowed in concentration.

"Is he... in pain or something? Or dying?" You hedged.

"Uhhh..." The basketball captain murmured. "Now he's saying that his heart is breaking. Oh my God, what a complete idiot. Take a look at this."

You took the phone, only to be assaulted by yet another onslaught of frantic messages to add on the growing page.

Kasamatsu-senpai, help me :((

I feel so sick right now, and it's not even the fever.

Even though my temperature is 39.3 degrees.

Even though I got kicked in the balls.

None of that can compare to the feeling of losing her.

My heart hurts so much, senpai.

I feel like dying.

To which Kasamatsu had replied, "I have no idea what the heck you're going on about, but if you dare to die before the Winter Cup, I'll kick you so hard you'll fly to Russia."

I don't mind. Can you please kick me?

And knock some sense into me?

Because I'm beginning to think I'm such an idiot.

For making her angry and sad :((

It was just a joke at first. How was I to know that I would meet the girl of my dreams in doing so???

It wasn't like I was going to dump her after winning the stupid bet. I was thinking we could spend that 3000 yen on pizza or whatever and laugh at those two idiots. But frankly, I'm the biggest idiot here.

So can you please kick me and put me out of my misery??? Why am I such an idiot??!!

I just want her back. I want her back. I want her back. That's all.

Am I even making sense??? Because my head is hurting so bad it's like there are basketballs bouncing around in it.

Sorry for the spam, senpai. But I just needed a listening ear. :'( I should rest. I have to be there for the WC match. I just hope my heart doesn't splatter all over the court because it seriously feels like it's going splat right now.

Silently, you passed the phone back to Kasamatsu, your heart thumping madly.

"Oh my God, I can't believe I even associate with this person," Kasamatsu groaned, putting away his phone just as the Math teacher came in and started rambling on about x and y and sine and cosine- things that truthfully, you didn't give a damn about at that point.

After about thirty minutes of not absorbing whatever the teacher was saying, you passed a note to Kasamatsu.

Hey. Where and when is the Winter Cup match going to be held?

-(Last Name)