Kaichou (Kise x Reader) PART IV

You stared up at the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, tugging nervously at the hem of your shirt. Did you make the right decision coming here? What if Kise had changed his mind about wanting you back? Turning up would be completely humiliating then.

"Argh! Whatever." You stomped up the stairs leading to the entrance before you changed your mind. You made your way to the correct gym, checking the note that Kasamatsu had given you. As you were late, you could hear the audience's thunderous cheers and applause as you sneaked in quietly. Two teams were on the court- Kaijo in white and blue jerseys, and Fukuda Sougo in maroon ones. You stood behind the railing instead of finding a seat.

It was the third quarter, and you could see right away that Kaijo was having trouble. They were lagging behind, and everyone looked exhausted. Especially Kise. Your heart started thumping like crazy when you spotted him on the court, looking unfairly handsome even though he was drenched in sweat and panting with exhaustion. A player from the opposing team, who had cornrows, seemed to be taunting Kise, as far as you could tell.

"Haizaki-kun is just too much..." You heard a woman in the seat in front murmur. "Poor Kise-kun. His leg is injured too, isn't it?"

"Yeah, that Haizaki is notorious for his foul ways," the man next to her replied.

A wave of worry swarmed over you, and you felt like you were choking. It was clear that the guy with cornrows, Haizaki, was bad news. What had he done to Kise? The whole team looked completely crestfallen, and Kise, being the ace, felt the burden ten times over. He looked on the edge of collapsing.

No, it couldn't end here. It couldn't. That idiot had always had such a passionate spark in his eyes when he talked to you about basketball. How could he let things end like this?

"I believe in you, Kise-kun!" A loud voice suddenly echoed around the gym. Your searching gaze fell upon a blue-haired guy from Seirin Basketball Club, who was standing up.

"Kurokocchi..." Kise whispered.

You didn't know what took over you that instance, but before you knew it, you had leaned further over the railing and shouted at the top of your voice, the voice that scared the pants off so many of your fellow schoolmates.

"KISE, YOU IDIOT!" You yelled. "You'd better win! Don't lose to that disgusting thumb-licking asshole! Who does he think he is, anyway? Is he advertising for KFC?"

Kise's golden eyes shifted to yours, and he looked so taken aback he staggered back a few inches. You flushed in embarrassment at the few sniggers you heard from the crowd, but you pressed on.

"I believe in you too! In your basketball abilities, and... what you said to me!" Your voice was going slightly hoarse and pitchy, but you didn't care. "So... GO AND WIN, YOU IDIOT! I'll hit you if you don't!"

A few moments of stunned silence passed, and Kise looked up at you with a bewildered look in his eyes.

"(Last Name)-cchi..."

His gaze flickered to Kuroko, then back to you. At that moment, a radiant smile spread across his face. He looked angelic.

He turned to Haizaki, and spoke with a confidence in his voice that wasn't there before. "Shougo-kun, I've told you this before." He straightened his body from his crouch. "You've totally got things wrong about that girl. She just stuck to me and called herself my girlfriend because I'm a model and she wanted to brag about it."

He glanced at you, then added in a voice loud enough for you to hear. "Unlike that girl over there. That's my real girlfriend. Well, I hope she could be."

"I'm actually really thankful that you got rid of that annoying girl for me back in middle school. So don't get too carried away!"

Kasamatsu passed the ball to Kise suddenly, which he caught easily.

"You're nothing but a piece of good-for-nothing trash now, Ryouta!" Haizaki taunted, which made your blood boil with fury. How you wished you could grab him by his braids and  wipe the court with his stupid face.

"Who is? Our styles are completely different!" With that, Kise let the ball fly in an impossibly high and long arc, and miraculously, it dropped straight through the net.

After that, with Kise's amazing Perfect Copy, Kaijo won the game. Tears welled up in your eyes as everyone cheered, and you ran down the stairs to the court, unable to contain your emotions any longer.

"Kise!" You flew straight at him, completely ignoring the stares of everyone around you and how embarrassing it was. His arms were wide open, waiting for you, and you fell into his embrace like you were always meant to be there. Like his arms were made for hugging you.

"You won! You won!" You shrieked, not caring if you were being completely out-of-character. Nothing else mattered then other than him. Then, remembering something, you looked at his leg, panicked.

"How's your leg? Is it okay? Does it hurt? Oh my God, can I stab that bastard? Seriously. I don't even care if I go to jail," you blurted out.

Kise laughed, burying his face in your hair. "With you here, I can't even feel it anymore. I don't want you to go to jail, (Last Name)-cchi. I want you to stay by my side, forever." He held you at an arm's length, and said seriously, "Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend, (Last Name)-cchi?"

With tears running down your face from happiness and overwhelming emotions, you simply nodded. "Yes, Kise."

"Ryouta," he corrected, wrapping his arms around you. "(First Name)-cchi. Thank you for trusting me. I love you."

"I... I... l-love you too... You dork..." You stammered, your face boiling.

Everyone who was still in the gym burst into applause then, with the occasional whistles and cheers. But neither of you heard them, because you were too busy kissing already.

~THE END~

-Omake-

Kasamatsu: Oh, so I'm a tiny midget with PMS, eh, Kise?

Kise: (First Name)-cchi!!! Forgive me, Kasamatsu-senpai! I love you!

Kasamatsu: DIE! /kicks Kise to Outer Mongolia