Chapter 16

((I'm tired of POVs I'm sorry for the sudden change to third person))

Dave suddenly pulled hard at his chains "That son of a bitch! I swear I'm going to kill him!" Dave winced feeling his stitches on fire with pain.
He forced himself to stop struggling even though all he really wanted to do was break free and kill his brother. Dave let silent tears of frustration and pain run down his face.
He closed his eyes as John slowly walked over and knelt in front of Dave.
John was silent as he wiped away Dave's tears and gently kissed him. Once John pulled away, he rested his forehead on Dave's "it'll be okay.." John murmured. "We'll find a way out." John sighed softly as he pressed a little closer to the blonde haired boy.

- - - - - - - - -

Jake stood in front of dirk's door, it had been forever since he'd seen him... That's probably why he didn't want to ring the dang doorbell...
Jake looked around, it was eerily silent in the apartment corridor...
Jake looked back to the house and rang the doorbell. He waited for a good five minutes but no one answered "maybe... Maybe the doorbell doesn't work?" Jake mumbled to himself. He knocked on the wood door, pausing when it opened after he knocked once "...strider..?" He asked quietly.
Silence.
Jake glanced around the small apartment "Dirk?" Jake asked louder as he slowly shut the door behind him. It was dark inside the small apartment...
Jake started walking around some, trying to find any evidence the older boy was ever even there.
It was pretty obvious someone lived here... Jake opened the fridge and found a pizza in there. He opened the box and let out a small breath seeing that there was relatively new looking leftovers in it.
Jake started looking around a bit more only to find a large stack of mail sitting on the table.
The brown haired boy looked around before starting to sort through it all. "Bills... Bills.... Junk... Credit card offers... Mor-" Jake paused seeing an unusual looking letter.
There was no writing on it. The paper on the inside looked as though it might be red.
Jake frowned and looked around once again before slowly tearing it open. He examined the red paper in his hands. It smelt horrible, like someone had dumped a whole bottle of perfume on it, regretted the decision, and poured another full bottle of perfume. Jake scrunched up his nose and coughed, realising all the perfume was used to mask the heavy smell of whiskey and cigarette smoke. The Brit coughed a few more times as he unfolded the parchment.
The writing was done in black calligraphy print it was loopy and swirling, Jake wouldn't have been surprised if it was a woman who wrote this letter. The brunette took a deep breath and slowly started reading the curly hand writing:

Hey Dirky! I miss you! I know it's been a while since we talked! (It wouldn't have been so long had you bothered to actually pick up your phone, silly boy!) I want to meet up. maybe for dinner? Like I said before, I miss you and I want to get back together!
Lots of love
~Vriska xoxo

Jake frowned as he finished reading the letter, avoiding touching the gross blue lipstick mark at the bottom of the page. Who was Vriska? Dirk's new toy?
Jake winced at the harsh thoughts going through his head. Dirk was his friend. He shouldn't think of him like that...
Jake put the letter back in it's envelop and set it down. He went back to looking to see what he found.
Nothing looked off about the house except that it was extremely messy but that was strider for you. He kicked an empty bottle of... Something, out of the way as he looked for Dirk's keys. Jake frowned when he couldn't find them "Went out, huh mate...?"
Jake was unsure of what to do. He then paused, remembering there was more than one strider living in this house. Where was Dave? Jake hadn't seen any of the young boy's things... Jake started looking around again.
Nope....
Nothing...
Jake went wading through all the shit on the floor to get to Dave's room. He opened it and looked around.
The young Strider's room was spotless compared to the rest of the house. There were only some clothes thrown here and there. It didn't look like anything was off. Jake turned to leave when he spotted something that was off about all of this. There was blood on one of Dave's dirty shirts...