-Chapter 1-

Dave Strider was sitting behind his computer, nursing his newest bruise under his eye. His brother, Dirk Strider, did this. It's a regular thing nowadays. Dave supposed it's always been this way, it's just gotten worse over the past year. Dirk had done... A lot to say the least. Dave didn't even want to think about it. He shivered a little and curled in a ball in his desk chair. Could he just die...? That would be lovely. Thank you. Dave's computer made a noise, making him startle slightly. He snapped his attention up to it.

-- ectoBiologist [EB] started pestering turntechGodhead [TG] at 16:50

-- EB: hey dave!

Dave stared at the screen for a second. Did he really want to answer...? he sighed softly before reaching out and typing.

TG: s'up

Dave leaned back. Really? Just really? "s'up"? That's all he could say...? Dave bit his lip slightly and waited for the sound that told him another message came in.

EB: what are you up to?

TG: nothing, just chilling

That was a total lie. It was more like hiding from his brother.

EB: oh cool!

EB: I'm watching Con Air!

TG: again?

EB: heh yeah. :B

EB: the fight scenes are so cool!

EB: you should come over and watch it with me sometime!

Dave shifted uncomfortably. He looked over his shoulder at his door before looking back at his computer.

TG: hey, do you think I could come over right now?

His best bro was silent for a while. Dave shifted again. What if he said no..? Dave really really needed John... Dave's computer dinged, making some of his worries fade a little.

EB: i asked my dad and he said yeah!

EB: do you need a ride?

Dave let out a huge sigh of relief. Thank god for daddy Egbert.

TG: nah man I have two legs I can walk

EB: what about Dirk?

EB: couldn't he drive you?

Dave winced at the elder Strider's name.

TG: it's fine I'll walk

-- turntechGodhead [TG] ceased pestering ectoBiologist [EB] at 17:02 --

The blonde spun in his chair. Dave could've sworn he heard a noise behind him. Was Dirk in his room...? no... If there had been anyone there, they were gone now. Dave slowly and shakily stood. He walked to the window, and carefully unlocked it, being as quiet as humanly possible. He climbed out of the window and out onto the roof. He looked down at the drop. That was... pretty far to say the least... Dave edged over to the side of the roof where a large oak tree had stretched out one of it's long, strong branches. Dave carefully climbed out onto the limb and started climbing down to the ground. Dave typically didn't do this sort of thing but today he needed to leave. Dirk had never done anything like this before and it was horrible and he... he just needed John. Dave just really hoped that Dirk wouldn't get to mad if he found out he left.