-Chapter 6-

Your name is John Egbert. You know only one thing at this moment, and that is that you need to protect Dave. Now. Otherwise, you're going to lose him. You slowly walk over to him and reach up, pulling his glasses off. He resists at first, but lets you do it. Damn, that bruise is bad, but you lean up and kiss it softly. "I love you. I want to see your eyes, even if no one else does, and you're not a freak. You're a beautiful mutation."
Bro moves a step closer. "The fuck did you just say?"
You spin around and, slightly scared, mostly angry, walk up to him. Right up to him. You're less than a foot away from him. You drop the glasses and step on them, snapping the frames, grinding the glass into the carpet. You slowly raise your hand, and as Bro and Dave watch, curl it into a fist.

Then you punch Bro as hard as you can.

He flies backwards, nearly falling out the window. You jump back over to a stunned Dave and grab his hand. "Run." You whisper. "Run now. Run with me." He looks at you. "With you?" He asks. You give his hand a reassuring squeeze. "With me. No matter where we go, I'm staying with you." You begin to run down the stairs with Dave, but are cut short; Bro got in front of you and slammed the door closed. The two of you slowly back towards the still open window.
"You think he actually wants you?" Bro taunts at Dave. "You're worthless. A freakish psycho."
You can feel the blood rush through your ears, but before you can say anything, Bro is on top of you, holding something over your nose and mouth. Dave tries to pull him away from you, but Bro gives him a backhand slap so hard, you can see every last finger in the red welt. You struggle to hold your breath, but slowly, you run out of air and have no choice. You take a breath. Immediately, the world fades to black, and you don't feel anything anymore.