-Chapter 11-

Your name is Dave Strider and hurt. More than you have ever hurt in the past. It was like it was all still there. Everything your brother shoved in you.

You closed your eyes and slowly touched the sloppy stitches he gave you. You had to bite your lip to keep the sound of pain in. You swallowed hard and looked down at john. He had fallen asleep on your chest, too tired to stay awake. You sighed. There was no way you were going to sleep. Sleep is where you're subject to the twists and gnarls in your mind. Of course it's also home to your beautiful imagination, the place where you come up with artwork, lyrics, books, amazing thoughts and out looks on the world, and of course your mind is where you store your best memories. Everyone has good memories. Whether they realize it or not. They all do.
But, with the good comes the bad. Your mind also stores bad memories. The ones that, for some, give them nightmares. and for others, give them grief and guilt. Your mind is where your demons hide. And you're going to quote a song now because you can;

"Sometimes, to stay alive, you've got to kill your mind."

Geez, you love that song.

You sigh and look around, trying to see something in the darkness. Anything. You can't see an inch, though. You sigh again and looked at the ground. Suddenly you look up. You knew how you were going to get out of here. Whenever bro came in and turned on the lights you were going to remember what was in the room. You let out a breath, your case wasn't helpless after all.

John shifted on you and you looked to him. You sighed only seeing a small dark lump laying slightly on you. You wished for any type of light, a lighter even. You sighed and closed your eyes as sleep slowly took you over.

You awoke with a start to the sound of the metal door slamming shut and the lights coming back on. Bro glared at you and John as John sat up and rubbed his eyes. You looked at John and frowned seeing his messy face that he got from crying. You looked at the floor, regretting ever pulling John into this.

Bro walked over and slapped you. You let out a small gasp of shock as you looked up at him. He held a small bowl of nearly rotted fruit. Bro growled and shifted the bowl "beg for it" you looked away. You knew you weren't going to eat it but there was no way you were being selfish and refuse what could be the only food they got for a whole week. You let out a breath and looked back to Bro

"Please bro.."

Bro hit you again "louder."
You whimpered softly "p-please Bro. Please can we have the food?"
Bro stared at you before kicking you. "Stupid son of a bitch" he dropped the bowl in front of you and john along with a candle, a match, and a candle holder. He then walked back out of the room without another word. You stared at the ground before grabbing the candle and match. You lit the candle and set it in the candle holder. John shifted closer "are you okay?" You nod slightly but didn't say anything. John gently took your face in his hands "no you're not. What's wrong?" You look away as tears start falling "I can't deal with this. It's too much. And on top of that I dragged you into all of this"

John frowned and gently brushed away your tears, careful of the old and new tears "it's okay dave. We'll get through this" you look down at the ground and nodded slightly
John nodded back. He let go of you and examined the fruit. You watched him "you should eat it. I don't plan to" john frowned at you "why not"

You shook your head "nothing"
John frowned "you are going to eat." You sighed and set your head against the wall "fine"

John nodded as he split the fruit so you would each have the same amount"thank you" he handed your portion.
You sighed and took it "I really don't want to eat this"

John looked to the side "I know. Do we really have a choice though?" You looked at the ground and shrugged "people can last three weeks without food"
John nodded slightly "yes but he might not get us anything for a few weeks" you sighed and nodded before biting into one of your apples