-Chapter 5-

Your name is Dave Strider. Sitting beside/on top of you is your best- wait... Boyfriend? Yeah. Boyfriend. John Egbert. You look to the window seeing your brother watching you and John. You swallow hard and sit up. John shifts off you slightly. You look to him and realize that he's in a slightly defensive position. You take a deep breath and look at the bed. "How did you know I was here?"
Bro shifts and steps fully into John's room. "I'm not stupid, you ass." You look to the side. "I know the password to your computer. I read your pesterlog as soon as I realized you weren't there." You slowly get up and stand cowardly by John's bed. John gets up and stands beside you. Even though he's shorter than you and Bro, he still looks taller than you at the moment. You shift and step behind John.
Bro takes a step closer. You whimper softly, so only John can hear. John growls softly. "No closer." Bro raises an eyebrow. "Why should I listen to you, Egbert?"
John growled again. "Because this is my house. My dad isn't that far away." You hold onto John's shirt and move closer. John looks to you before looking back to Bro. Bro was scowling. "Get over here, Dave. Right. Now." You shake your head slightly. "No way. I'm not going with you." You hold onto John's shirt tighter.
Bro growls, "Now Dave!" You shake your head once again. "I could call child services for what you did to me."

Bro hesitates. "They might take you away from Egbert."

That makes you shut up. You look at the ground as Bro examines you from across the room. "Where the hell are your glasses?" You shift and look up. Your red eyes are framed in dark circles. On one of your eyes, the skin is swollen and bruised. It's changing colors slowly. Black, blue, green, yellow, purple, red. You could see some broken capillaries as well when you looked earlier. Bro hit you pretty hard.

Bro growls. "Are you even listening, you little shit? Where's your glasses?!" You jump slightly at his volume. "No one wants to see a freak like you's eyes!" You look at the ground defeated. Then, you slowly reach over, pick up your glasses and slide them on your face.

He's right.

No one wants to see or love someone like you.