Chapter 22

Dave got up once he finished eating. He took his and John's plates to the sink and started washing them. John straightened up and looked over at Jake "What do we need to do?"

Jake sighed softly and looked around "We need to clean basically everything." John sighed as well and rubbed his arm "We're alone... right...?"

Jake shifted his weight from one foot to the other "Yes..." John perked up slightly "Then we should make a run for it. Lets go home!"

Jake shook his head "As much as I want that... It's not a good idea. He'll find us eventually and then who knows what he'll do"

John slouched down in his chair "Call the police?"

Jake shook his head again "We're better off not doing that. What if the police don't believe us? Then Dirk will find out and we'll get in more trouble."

John sighed and nodded before starting to get up. His eyes landed on a knife in the knife rack "We kill him then."

Jake's eyes widened and he shook his head quickly "No! No, John, Please no!"

John's eyes met Jake's and he frowned "You love him... don't you..?"

Jake looked at the ground, quiet for a long moment. he sighed softly before nodding "I-I think I do still love him and I hate myself for that fact..."

John shook his head "Don't hate yourself for it, Jake. He really is, or had been, a nice guy. And even then, it's not a bad thing to love someone even if they've done bad things."

Jake swallowed hard "Let's just clean the house."

John nodded slowly and got up. He chose to clean the living room while Dave cleaned his and his brother's room. Jake Finished cleaning the kitchen before moving on to the bathroom and the hallways.

The three boys were finishing when Dirk came home. He glanced around the house before turning to John and Dave "Go hang out or whatever you want in Dave's room. Watch a movie or something. I don't care. Just don't you dare come out here unless it's an absolute emergency."

John eyed Dirk but didn't say anything as he followed Dave to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~

The day before yesterday, he called up the special hospital for women who want to have their babies at their house.

He was able to get someone to agree to come out and give a check-up to Jake.

Yes Dirk went to work at some teen's birthday party (He was a DJ for the time being) But as soon as it was over, he went and waited a block from where he lived.

All of this was really just a way to see if the three boys were trustworthy.

The woman coming over for Jake's check-up pulled up and Dirk just so happened to pull up at the same time.

Dirk politely told her to wait outside before going in to see if the house was clean. Once he knew it was, he sent Dave and John off so they didn't get in the way and the woman didn't see their wounds.

He turned and walked over to the door. He opened it and gave a warm smile. "Come right on in"

~~~~~~~~

Jake played with his hands and watched Dirk and the other woman uncomfortably. He glanced down at himself and sighed, reluctantly deciding to use his birth name. He didn't feel like explaining himself to the woman if she asked.