Chapter 2: A maiden's heart part II

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

The day after Soo-Won's arrival, Yona headed to Soo-Won's chamber, accompanied by Kira. "O-ohayo (good morning), Soo-Won. I brought some of our finest sweets. Would you like to-" She opened the doors, only to find it empty.

"Where do you think he went?" Yona asked Kira. The latter shook her head. "Saa (don't know)."

King Il noticed his daughter while he was walking next to Ming-Soo. "What's wrong, Yona?" King Il asked his daughter. She didn't answer. Ming-Soo then whispered to Yona. "If you're looking for Lord Soo-Won, he's with General Hak."

Kira, Yona and King Il then headed to the courtyard on which Soo-Won and Hak were practicing. "Hak! No fair! How dare you set me aside to have fun with Soo-Won." Yona complained while pouting. "Now, now... Those two haven't seen each other in a while as well." King Il exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Yona-chan. I'll get him back for this." Kira stated, her lips forming a devilish grin. Yona shivered, 'S-scary' she thought.

Both Hak and Soo-Won took off on their horses. Soo-Won made the first shot, hitting slightly off the center. Hak then followed, shooting his arrow in a bullseye. "As expected from you, Hak." Soo-Won congratulated his friend.

"You've done magnificent, as well, Soo-Won-sama." Hak returned the compliment. "Next time, I'll strike center as well." Yona blushed at how cool Soo-Won looked, and she formed a fist with her hand. "I'll practice archery with Soo-Won." She said determinedly.

"I'm going too." Said Kira as she made her way down to the courtyard. Kira then stood beside Hak who was riding his horse, he sighed before speaking. "What do you want?" She just smiled at him before pushing him off the horse. The Thunder Beast fell to the ground head first.

"OI!" He yelled at his annoying sister. She got on the same horse he was riding and turned to face him. "What is it, Hak?" She faked an oblivious expression. Soo-Won who was watching them, giggled at their bickering. "Yona! Come down, I'll let you ride with me." He called out. "Okay!" The princess excitedly ran down.

While Hak and Soo-Won were trying to get Yona onto the horse. Kira grabbed a bow and an arrow, she dashed at full speed before releasing the arrow. It flew, splitting Hak's arrow in half, making a bullseye, as well. The people present were impressed and started to Clap their hands.

"Impressive." Soo-won commented. Hak just whistled. Kira then raised up her bow and pointed it at Hak. "How was that, Onii-chan ?~. (Older brother)" She asked while winking. Hak smirked before speaking. "Not bad."

Minutes later, Yona was riding the horse with Soo-Won, and Hak was brushing the hair of the horse while Kira was still on it.

"Isn't this against the rules?" Yona muttered. "Eh?" Soo-Won seemed to have heard her. "Ah! It's just that you seem to be used to dealing with women. I bet you bring lots of girls into your mansion." She kept on rambling. Soo-Won sweat dropped without saying anything, Yona took that as a silent agreement. "I'm right?!" She freaked.

"Eh? Please... you're mistaken." He paused as his gaze shifted towards Kira, who was discussing something with Hak. He raised his voice making sure that she would hear him "Well, there have been a few discussions about engagement-"

"engagement ?!" Yona interrupte , her face turning blue.

"Oh, but nothing is decided yet. Let's not talk about this, alright? There's no need for you to know." His attention was back to Yona. "I-I've had engagement offers, as well!"

"Eh? To whom?" Soo-Won asked. She thought for a second before replying, "To Hak, and such." Both Kira and Hak looked at Yona with suspicious looks. Kira then mentally faced plamed at the red head's actions. Soo-Won then smiled, "I think that seems wonderful. Congratulations." Yona then froze. 'Perfect!' Kira thought sarcastically.

After that, Yona went back to her room accompanied by Hak and Kira. "You're so cruel, Soo-Won. How could you believe such a lie?" Yona complained as she rested her head on the table. "The cruel one is you, and you're nuisance." Hak exclaimed. "Congratulations, Hak. Your dream has finally come true." Kira whispered into her brother's ear. He hit the back of her head. "Uruse! (Shut up)"

'Itai!' Kira thought as she rubbed the back of her head. "Your marriage might not be a lie after all." King Il exclaimed as he walked up to Yona. "It would only be natural for you to be betrothed by now." He continued. "No... No! I only want Soo-Won to-" Yona started but was interrupted by King Il who had an angry expression. "You can't have Soo-Won!" Said with a stern look. 'This is the first time I see this side of the King..' Kira thought. Yona then stood up.

"Hime-sama!" Said Ming-Soo , believing it's not a good idea to protest. "I don't want you speaking of my love life! I'm-" Yona started, but was once again interrupted by King Il.

"Yona, I have always given you anything you ever desired. Beautiful hair ornaments, earrings, a royal villa and a flower garden, I would give you anything that is not a weapon. But no matter how much you wish it, I could never give you Soo-Won... You are the princess of the kingdom of Kouka. The one who marries you will become king!" Yona's eyes were then filled with horror.

'Why, King Il ? ' Kira thought , pitying her childhood friend. "I don't understand.... I don't understand, Father."

Slight time skip >>>

"Hak, do you know where Yona-chan is? King Il is looking for her." Asked Kira. Hak just shook his head. "Do you need help looking for her?"

"Nope, I think I have an idea to where she went. See ya~" she ran off.

Kira stopped in front of Soo-won's room. She paused for a second before knocking. "Soo-Won! You in there?" Kira yelled grabbing both Yona and Soo-Won's attention. "Shush.." Yona placed her index finger on her mouth before hiding behind the door.

Soo-Won hesitantly opened the door, only to see Kira standing. "What is it, Kira?" He asked as he smiled sheepishly. Kira looked around the room from outside, looking for Yona. "I'm looking for Yona , have you seen her?"

"Eh?! Ah... no, I haven't. Sorry." He giggled nervously. Kira knew he was lying. "Heh, I see... Ne, Soo-Won. Mind if I come in for a while?" She asked.

"Ehh?! Why?" Soo-Won's face turned red. "I can't?" Kira tilted her head to the side. "It's not that you can't.."

"Fine! I won't come to your room again, Soo-Won!" She turned around and was about to leave when Soo-Won caught her hand. "Wait! Ano..."

Kira sighed before speaking, "Yona-chan! I know you're in there. Come out." She exclaimed, Soo-Won let go of her hand, his eyes widened. Yona angrily stomped out of the room. "Ah! Fine! I'm out!" Yona shouted. Kira giggled before walking alongside Yona, leaving Soo-Won very confused.

So how was this chapter ? (*+﹏+*)

Thank you so much for reading my fan fic ! You guys are the best. (///▽///)

Don't forget to vote and comment.
( >﹏< )