Chapter 27: Proposal Part II

A/N:-

Guys this amazing and wonderful drawing of Kira is made by the talented Akiepop

She's an amazing artist, you guys should check out her work!

This chapter is a continuation of the flashback :D It's dedicated to you, Aki-chan!

Oh and just to clear the confusion, I changed up the time of when Geun-Tae married his wife, Yun-Ho. So he got married to her after his proposal to Kira. :D

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

It was the morning after Kira's duel with the Chief of the Earth Tribe. Kira walked through the halls of Hiryū castle. The black haired female thought it was a good idea to monitor the halls before the arrival of Lord Soo-Won.

The Phantom Samurai of Kouka heard faint footsteps behind her. Before she could turn around to see who it was, she felt strong arms wrapping around her waist from behind. Almost instinctively, Kira stomped on the man's foot. He stumbled backwards, allowing Kira to drive her elbow into the man's side.

When she quickly turned around, Kira found Geun-Tae himself bent over and clutching his side in pain.

"If you're looking for Hak or Jii-chan then they're not in the castle today." The female general stated and began to walk away but Geun-Tae had grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"Actually I was looking for you." A smirk appeared on the Earth Tribe Chief as he pulled Kira closer to him. He placed his thumb and index finger on Kira's chin and lifted it up. "Be mine."

Kira stood there with eyes as wide as saucers and her mouth hung open. "Huh?"

Geun-Tae let go of her chin and that allowed Kira to take a few steps back. The Earth Tribe's chief nervously scratched the back of his head. "I talked with your old man and he said he was fine with it as long as you agree... So what do you think?" He asked, his cheeks having an evident rosy color.

"No, thank you." Kira flatly declined, then walked past a gaping Geun-Tae.

It was a first for Lord Geun-Tae. Back in Chishin castle, all women swooned over the General and he wouldn't give them a second glance. But the moment Kira defeated him, he was head over heels. He didn't seem to care that he was almost twice her age. He just wanted to make her his. So he needed to find a way.

After a while of patrolling the hallways of Hiryū castle, Kira made her way to her chamber. The Phantom Samurai sighed, thinking back to the proposal. She made a mental note to herself not to tell Hak, since he would definitely laugh and tease her about it. She thought of telling Yona, but she figured that it wasn't that important to bother the Princess with. Besides, Soo-Won was arriving soon so Yona won't be paying attention to anything but her cousin.

Sliding the door of her room open, Kira gasped when she saw a huge basket near the door. She approached the basket and found flowers. Kira scoffed and figured that it was Geun-Tae's way of persuading her into marrying him. As she lifted the basket, she found that it was heavier than she had expected. So Kira removed the layer of flowers and her eyes sparkled when she saw her favorite thing. And no it wasn't a picture of Yona. It was piles of dumplings and meat buns.

Kira swiped the drool forming at the corner of her mouth. Apparently, Geun-Tae had asked the servants about Kira's preferences and lucky for him, it was easy to obtain. The Earth Tribe's Chief had left a note that said 'Enjoy' and Kira read it. She was conflicted whether to eat the food or not. But Kira decided it would be rude of her part to not at least taste it. But in the end, one dumpling led to another and she ate it all.