Chapter 9: For their protection

This chapter is dedicated to DarkRevenge45
Thank you so much for supporting my story, and writing the best AnY fanfic ever!! ( >﹏< )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KIRA P.O.V

Later that night, Yona-chan stayed by Tae-Yeon's side alongside Hak, while I helped take care of the merchants that were attacked by the fire tribe.

I decided to get some fresh air, so I headed outside. That's when I saw Hak alone sitting on the edge of the balcony, staring into space. He seems to be drowning in his own thoughts. Well... I can't waste such an opportunity, so I stealthily walked up to his side, then aggressively pushed him off, making him fall on a nearby bush.

He got up and looked at me. Not saying a word, he started brushing the leaves that were covering his hair due to the fall. He sighed before sitting back up again.

"Hey! That wasn't the reaction I was looking for!" I pouted in frustration. "Sorry, but I'm not in the mood." He stated while looking down to the ground.

"Is it because of the fire tribe's actions?" I sat next to him, he nodded. "They won't stop unless our old man approves of Soo-Won's coronation and..." He trailed off. "If he acknowledges Soo-Won as king, that would also mean acknowledging that either of us may have killed King Il."

I looked up to the sky, the moon and stars being it's only source of light. "You're right. Blaming us would be the fastest way." I agreed. "So.. what should we do?" I asked.

"There's only one answer for that." He stated in a serious tone. 'That would mean ...'

"No.. No! I don't want to leave Yona-chan's side!" I stood up and protested.

"Would you be rational about this? That's the only way to guarantee her safety along with our tribe's." He scolded me before getting up to face me.

"B-but..." I stuttered while looking down, desperation visible in my voice, I could feel tears welling up. It was then when I felt a heavy weight on my shoulder, he had placed his head on it. "I know how you feel, but... there's no other choice. We're leaving first thing in the morning." His voice was muffled, but I could clearly hear the pain in his tone.

He removed his head from my shoulder and patted my head before leaving. 'I want to always be by her side...'

Time skip >>>

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

The next morning, Hak stepped by Kira's room. He knocked and she immediately opened the door. "Are you ready?" He asked. She quietly nodded.

They went outside, heading towards the gate. On their way, they saw the now recovered Tae-Yeon. Both Hak and Kira stopped to talk to the little boy.

"Onee-chan, Onii-chan, where are you going?" He asked. Hak ruffled his little brother's hair. "Take care of Rina, will you?" The black haired male requested. Tae-Yeon understood the situation and slowly nodded, his eyes filled with his own tears. Kira saw this, so she crouched down to his level and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Goodbye." She said in a sad tone.

After that, Hak and Kira arrived at the gate. That's when they saw Tae-Woo on guard duty.

"Looks like you're actually keeping watch today." Hak commented. "Yeah, what happened?" Kira curiously asked.

"I can't sleep without someone at my back." Tae-Woo stated before looking up at the two. "Where are the two of you going?"

"We're leaving." Kira exclaimed while starting to walk away alongside her brother. "Really? See you later." Tae-Woo said.