Chapter 33: Evil Lord

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

'This has been going on for a long time...' Is what Yona thought as she, Kira, and Yoon were shoved inside a room filled with kidnapped women.

"Get inside." The Awa Official closed the door after pushing the three inside. Yona flinched as she moved her foot. "Ouch!"

"Are you okay, Yona-chan?" Kira and Yoon worriedly got closer to the princess and slightly raised her dress to reveal her bruised ankle. "It's sprained." Yoon commented. "You hurt your leg when you fell."

Kira frowned, thinking that it was going to be harder for Yona to carry out their plan like that. Just then, the door was opened revealing Yan Kumji. The large man inspected the 'merchandise', nodding his head in approval. "I see... You're all excellent. Awa still has some value left in it."

"Umm, Lord Kumji..." One of the poor victims spoke up. "What is the meaning of this? We came looking for work." She nervously said.

Kumji smirked. "There is work. Work so fun you may not be able to handle it." He started walking in Yona's direction, making Kira wary of him.

The evil lord suddenly grabbed a handful of The princess' hair and lifted her up to her feet. "Red hair? Unusual, indeed. Your face isn't bad either. I almost regret having to sell you." Yoon noticed how Kira's eyes darkened and her fists were tightly clenched. He knew she wouldn't keep her cool when it came down to Yona and he needed to act quickly if he didn't want her to blow their cover.

"With so many excellent goods, keeping one for myself would be no great loss." Just when Kira was about to teach Kumji a lesson, she was taken aback when Yoon stood up and caught the lord's attention. "Lord Kumji! I-I'm sure I can satisfy you better than she can."

"Oh?" Yan Kumji raised an eyebrow as he gazed at the male who's undercover.

"Forget about her. Choose me instead." Yoon hesitantly said. The lord walked up to the strawberry blond 'female' and inspected her appearance. "You're quite beautiful, as well. But.." The brute of man raised his knee and kicked Yoon in the stomach, causing the latter to cough up blood. "Don't interrupt me while I'm having fun!" He ordered, gritting his teeth.

"OI! What do you think you're doing?!" Kira shouted as she ran to Yoon's aid. Watching the large man getting closer to her, she glared daggers at him.

"Hmm.." Kumji did the same thing he did to Yona and grabbed Kira's long, black strands. "I like that look in your eyes. And you're the prettiest one here. There'll be no harm if I kept you both-" The rest of the Lord's sentence wasn't heard after Kira suddenly spat in his face.

The lord was shocked for a second, his head was subconsciously tilted to the side due to the momentum of the spit. Letting go of Kira's hair, Kumji raised his hand to strike her, but the former general easily caught his large hand with her significantly smaller one. The larger man's eyes widened, he clicked his tongue and shoved Kira to the ground.

"I-I'm not keeping you after all." Yan Kumji stated, in an attempt to regain his composure. "I will let those I sell you off to, deal with you. Nothing pleases me more than obedient women who tremble in silence. Just like this redhead." It all happened too fast. But Kira could swear she saw a glimpse of fear flash in Kumji's eyes when he looked at Yona before throwing her on the floor.

"Girl, are you from Awa?" Kumji, out of nowhere asked the princess.

"Yes." Yona monotonously answered.

"Long ago, I once saw red hair like yours in Hiryū castle. For just a moment, in the distance, I saw her hair reflecting the sun. The girl was Princess Yona." Those last words that escaped Kumji's mouth were enough to make Kira, Yona and Yoon's eyes widen in fear of being found out.