Chapter 19: Anticipation (Part I)

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

"What's wrong, Princess?" Hak asked, shifting his gaze to the red haired girl. "It's extraordinary..." Yona mumbled loud enough for her two childhood friends to hear. "What is?" Kira inquired, her chin rested on her knees as she had her arms wrapped around it. Yona who sat between the two black haired bodyguards glanced at Kira. "When a child is born with the power of the White dragon, the dragon's blood disappears from the previous White Dragon. The bloodline must be maintained until the dragon's power is needed." The red haired girl explained resting her chin on her knees, as well. 'That's kind of sad..' Kira thought about how tough it must've been losing the divine dragon blood. "I came to borrow such a power..." Yona snapped Kira from her train of thoughts.

Hak who sat next to the princess smirked. "Should we give up?" He asked curiously. But to his surprise, she leaped up and leaned in closer to him, grabbing his sword. "Hak! Lend me your sword!" She demanded, pulling the weapon from it's holster, and unsheathing it, then pointed the sharp metal at the black haired male. "I've made my decision, I won't turn back. But if the White Dragon won't help us, you'll have to train me more!" She smiled determinedly, Hak and Kira grinned as they watched their princess.

As Yona was holding up the sword and talking to Hak, Kira noticed a young man with fair-colored skin and blue eyes coming towards them. His silver hair hanged down to around his chin, with a portion of the back being much longer and falling past his shoulders; he also had a long fringe which hangs mostly to the over the right side of his face. He wore the same attire everyone else did. Kira's emerald green eyes wandered down to his hand and she gasped. The young man's right hand was covered in white scales and instead of having normal fingernails, he possessed sharp claws. In a way, Kira found the scales on his right arm rather beautiful as it reflected off the sunlight. 'Hakuryū?'

The silver haired man angrily marched towards them. "You woman!" The angry male's cry caught the attention of the people present.

Yona turned around to glance at the oncoming male, the wind blew off the hood of her cape, revealing her beautiful crimson hair. The angered expression of the male was replaced by a shocked one. His eyes widened as they were fixated on her short, red hair. Suddenly, the male's right arm grew larger and he hunched over, clutching his arm in pain. He screamed out in pain and fell back, closing his eyes. Kira, Yona, Hak, Yoon and the villagers stared at the collapsed Hakuryū in shock.

"Hakuryū-sama!" The villagers worriedly yelled.

"Ne, Yona-chan." Kira poked her friend's arm. "W-what?" Yona stuttered, still in shock after watching the young man collapse. "If this sickly-looking and weak guy who just collapsed for no reason is the Hakuryū (White Dragon), then we're better off without him." Kira straightforwardly said. "You got that right." Hak agreed, vigorously nodding his head. "You two are so inconsiderate!" The red haired princess smacked the two bodyguards on the back of their heads.

Yona moved closer to the sleeping beauty and kneeled down beside him. The black haired female noted how the silver haired boy's hand was sizzling hot and it looked burnt with black marks on it. The Hakuryū's eyes suddenly began to flutter open, the village people sighed in relief.

"Are you alright?" Yona asked in a concerned tone, waiting for him to speak. The latter sat up and stared at the red head in awe, he seemed to be flooded with euphoria. Kira raised a brow. 'Creepy.'

"Um, Hakuryū?" Yona nervously asked, sitting face to face to the White dragon. "Yes, I have inherited the ancient dragon's blood." The silver haired male confirmed, he then bent down and bowed to Yona. "I have been waiting for you, my master!"

"Master? What are you talking about?" Yona murmured, looking at the male before her, clearly confused. She got up and glanced at the village people who gasped, dropping down to their knees and bowing to the princess.