(15) Odds In Her Favor

"No rules." Damon said making me laugh.

"Oh no honey, if you want me to play along I want my own rules." I said smirking.

"But-"

"But nothing, I have my rules or no deal." I said putting foot down, Damon demanded rule when I asked him to play the part and now since he needs my help I feel like I should have rules as well.

"Okay you win." he mumbled.

"We will talk when your mom leaves." He nodded In agreement.

Monica walked back in the living room smiling, "Okay where do I being!? I want to know everything about the girl who stole my son's heart and convinced him to move in together!"

"There is nothing really to tell mom" Damon spoke up while squeezing the hell out of my shoulder.

"So Carter I'm aware you go the same college as Damon." Monica ignored Damon's comment.

"Yes I do. I major in art as well as psychology."

"You're a double major just like Damon. No-" her phone rang cutting her off.  "I'm sorry, I have to take this." she walked in the kitchen to have some privacy.

"This is getting out of hand." Damon whisper as he looked to the ceiling. "This big lie is going to bite both of us in the ass."

"Not if we really play the part in public."

"But I don't like you." He whined.

"The feeling is mutual, but we both got our asses in the mess. Fake till you make Damon. We have to fake it till we make it."

"I'm sorry guys I have to go, there was a problem at the bakery. I want to know more about you Carter. I have an idea, how about you meet the family so we can know more about you at the same time." she said.

"No!"

"That's sounds wonderful." Damon and I said at the same time.

"Damon you can't keep her away from us forever, I bet the family wants to know who the girl is that keeps you away from Sunday dinners." she scolded him.  "How is this Saturday?" she asked me.

"Mom she has this big proj-"

"I can make it. We will be there on Saturday." I said cutting Damon off.

"Oh good! Now I have to invite the family for an old fashion cookout! Yes let me go I have to go the store to prepare for Saturday. Carter, you eat meat right? If not I will buy whatever you want to eat."

"I eat meat Monica." I said making her smile at me.

"Good." she hugged me before grabbing her purse.

"Come on Mom, I'll will walk you out." He said.

"You don't have to I know how to get back to my car."

"Mamma, I'm walking you out."

"El piensa que el es un adulto ahora que lo sabe todo." she mummered making Damon smile.

"Come on mom." Damon walked his mom to her car. When I was alone it dawned on me that he understood Spanish. So he could understand me the whole time.

I sat on the couch again and took off my heels. I sighed with relief my feet were killing me. I closed my eyes, I was dead tired unfortunately for me I had class work as well as work related things that was more important than blissful dreams at the moment. I could see myself up until the wee hours of the morning. Too many things that needed to be done in little time. I heard the front door open and heard Damon's foot steps echo on the hardwood floors, the foot steps stopped in the living room. I opened my eyes and patted the couch for him to sit down.