(28) All I Want is You

Liquor by Chris Brown

Damon's Pov

"Damon." I heard my manager Steve call my name, it was my first night since I caught the flu, but since Carter nursed me back to health I was feeling better than ever.

"What can I do for you Steve?" I asked him after I made a drink for a customer.

"Valerie is back and she want you in the VIP room." Steve said and immediately I shook my head. For a few weeks now Valerie has been coming to my job wanting to talk and I've kept refusing.  I had no idea what is it she just felt like we had to talk about. She didn't want me while we've been broken up all this time, but the minute I'm seriously trying to get involved with someone is when she wants to talk.

"No. Found someone else to cater to her because  I'm not going."

"Damon you are going in there because she does been complaining every time you deny her. She went to my boss about and they said if you don't take of her they will write you up, and possibly fire you if you let it get that far." Steve said and my blood began to boil.

"Are you fûcking serious!? I'm one of the best workers you have in this bar, and you're threatening me with my fûcking job!" I banged my hand on the counter and Steve jumped.

"This wasn't my decision Damon. She went over my head with this one. If you don't go in the VIP room, I will have to write up and take you off the clock for a week." Steve said with regret in his voice.

I said a pissed off look on my face, seems like I didn't have a choice in the matter, I didn't anything else to Steve I just walked to the VIP room. Valerie wanted to "talk", then I was going to make sure she never forgot this talk either. I didn't knock like I'm suppose I just barged in. I looked at her as I closed the door.

"Damon, I'm so glad you finally decided to come to your senses so we could finally talk." Valerie said smiling.

"We both know I wouldn't be here if you didn't have my boss threaten me with my job. What are you doing Valerie?" I said leaning on the door.

"Okay, I admit that was a little extreme, but would've you talked to me otherwise? No, no you would've. If you're not here then you're with that bitch, Carla." Valerie said bitterly messing up Carter's name to get a rise out of me.

"Carter is my girlfriend. What am I not suppose to spend time with her, plus it's kind of hard not spend time together because we live together." I said and I say the flash of anger in her eyes, but a second later it was gone.

"Damon I understand that, but that's not always not healthy. You don't want poor Carla getting suffocated and making bad choices, it would be very messy because you two live together. I'm just trying to look out for you Dam." I chuckled in amusement. She wasn't fooling me.

"Why are you so worried about what Carter and I do, because last time I checked it's none your business. We aren't and never will be friends so why do you care so much?" I said watching how Valerie's face turned red a little, oh yes she was about to show her true colors.

"Damon you may found this hard to believe, but I care about you-"

"You're so right, I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of your lying mouth. Why are you here, it's obvious that you didn't come for a drink or lap dance, so cut the bullshit and just say it so I can go." I said starting to get tired of being nice to someone who doesn't deserve me being in their presence.