(17) The Barbecue.... Part 1

Today is Saturday, the day I meet Damon's family. I wasn't really nervous, but how Damon was acting I was starting to question should I be. His knuckles were white from gripping the steering wheel tightly. He's been on edge since Friday night telling me about his siblings and what I should expect today. His brother Sj was the oldest at age 26, he was married and had three kids. Sj is more of the silent type, from what Damon told me, Sj liked to sit back and watch someone's behavior. If he didn't like me I would most likely know it because he wouldn't speak to me. Jamie at age 24, Damon middle brother was the flirty type. Jamie had no significant other as well as no kids. He would engage me in conversation and was very friendly, if he liked me he would flirt with me every chance he got and would tell me I was apart of the family, but if he didn't like me he would me kind of standoffish. Damon was the baby of the boys, but surprisingly he had a little sister, her name was Lisa. Lisa was 16 and most likely would not like me at all. She had attitude problems with anyone new. There wasn't nothing really possible to make her like me, she would snap at me, question me like I'm on trial for a crime. According to Damon, she recently gave birth to a bubbly four month old baby boy name Reese, that shocked me a bit, but I was told that she probably wouldn't want me to touch her son.

He told me that his mother invited a lot of people to this barbecue which included family, close friends, and friendly neighbors. I really needed to watch for three perverted people which included his Uncle Eugene who like his women young , his cousin Walter who had just gotten out of jail Tuesday and want to jump any woman with a pulse, and his cousin Betty who was built like a man but like women instead of men. He told me I would also meet his grandparents as well. I was told that this barbecue was really one big party... if that was true then I would be up for a good time.

"Carter... I need to say something." Damon said unsure of himself as he drove.

"Shoot." I had a bad feeling that it was about a subject I've been trying to avoid for the past the past three days.

"Are you sure should've come because of your bruise-"

"Stop. I'm okay, seriously." I tugged at the long sleeve shirt I had on to protect my bruises from curious eyes.

"What he did was wrong-"

"I could say the same about you too, but I'm not. By no means am I defending his actions, but you don't to point the finger when you did the same thing, you have apologized and I have accepted it and moved on from it. I don't want to fight with you about a subject that I'm done talking about, so can we just put this behind us and move on from it?"

He didn't say anything, but nodded. I waited for a couple of minutes before speaking again, "So you knew how to speak Spanish all this time." I stated because I knew.

He just smiled at me, "Después de todos estos años que está ahora en la captura."

This was the first time I heard him speak Spanish, "Tricky bastard." I muttered making him laugh.

"¿Estás enojado con migo?" He asked making me roll my eyes at him.

"Nope. Not at all. What was there to mad about?"

"Carter...? Damon spoke English again sounding unsure of himself again for the second time today.

"Yes?"

"You do know I will be holding you, sitting you in my lap, among other things, but I may even have to... kiss you"

"I understand that, but let's hope we don't have to kiss though." I said quickly.

"Yeah... let's hope that it doesn't have to go that far." he said after a moment of silence.

"I will the ideal girlfriend I promise. I will do it so good you will want me to do it every time you have a family function." I joked trying to lighten the mood.