(29) Envelope Oh Envelope

Three weeks later
"Carter, are you okay? You haven't been yourself these past couple of days." Maria asked me as walked to Shyla's apartment.

"I'm okay." I lied. These past couple of days I've been looking over my shoulder for the next note to appear, all of a sudden they just stopped. Some people would breathe a sigh of relief and think they'd finally gave up, but not me. Too many times in my life it's been a sigh, the calm before the storm.

"What's going on with you and Damon? He's got a nickname for you and everything now." Maria smirked.

"What's going on with you and Jamie?" I laughed when her face fell.

"Touché. Touché." She muttered as we stood our side Shyla's door waiting for her to open the door. After five minutes of waiting we were about to leave when all of a sudden her door opened. Shyla was lip locked with a certain someone I knew too well.... My brother Cesaw.

"Well what do we have here." I smirked at them.

"Uh, hey Carter and Maria  what are you doing here?" Shyla asked nervously.

"You invited us remember." I said trying not to laugh at Shyla's horrified face.

"Oh! Yes, I-I-I remember now, um, he came over to fix something for me." Shyla lied.

"Can we come in is cold outside?" Maria asked.

"Oh yes!" Shyla and Cesaw moved so we could get through the door. Everybody walked to the living room. Shyla was nervous and it was hilarious to me.

"I can explain-" Shyla began but I cut her off.

"I don't care. I'm not angry, whatever is going on between you two is your guys business."  Cesaw laughed.

"I told you she wouldn't be mad." He said as he wrapped his arms around Shyla shoulders

You're not angry at me? Shyla as if I was lying to her.

"No I'm not angry it's not my business. I just have one thing to say, Shyla don't hurt my brother and Cesaw don't hurt Shyla."  I saw Shyla breathe a sigh of relief.

"Well since this is now over, I have to go. I'll see you later Shyla, but Carter meet me at IHOP in hour."  Cesaw  said before kissing Shyla and patting my shoulder. After I heard the door close I just smile and Shyla.

"So he's the guy you were with when you hung up on me that one time." I smiled knowingly, you have to tell me because I really knew. Shyla blushed as she sat down on the sofa.

"This is great! You're with Cesaw, I'm with Jamie, Carter is with Damon, and Sam is sort of with Doug. Were all taken so that means less hangouts with just the girls , now hangouts with the guys too." Maria says smiling.

"Wait, wait, wait a minute! Carter you're with Damon now... Officially?" Shyla asked me.

"Yes she is, he has the nickname for her now."Maria answered for me.

"When did this happen?" Shyla asked me

"Three weeks ago." I mumble.

"So, did you to do the deed? Do we get our money?" Shyla asked me.

"No, we have not done the deed yet." I mumbled.

"What are you guys waiting for?" Shyla asked .

"You know what, I'm about to go now. I have Christmas shopping to do before I meet your boyfriend." I said to Shyla.

"Why are you going?" Maria asked?