(25) Old Wounds

Hello guys! So this chapter will go back and forth with past to present. The past will be italicized. If you don't understand still leave a comment so I can clear the confusion. I admit I cried a little writing this, so you might want grab some tissues or not. (I'm just sensitive.) I did put a song on here to with the gif and the song is Lay Me Down (Acoustic version) by Sam Smith. In this chapter you will see a person name Lisa, but this is a different Lisa not Damon's sister Lisa. Another thing, I did change Carter's character to Shay Mitchell and Damon's character to Nick Bateman, I'm not sure if some people knew.

I've heard people say you will always remember your first love and I have to agree with that statement, but for different reasons from the norm. I will always remember the relationship I had with Antonio because one he was my true first love. He taught me so many things about myself I will never forget. The second reason I won't forget him is because of the bruises he left behind on my body and the emotional scars from our relationship that have changed the way I interact with people. One thing I learned from Antonio is to never be naïve and don't always trust a smile from a loved one because they bite ten times harder than a stranger on the street. When I think of what transpired in our relationship and when I think of the reasons why we broke up it makes me want scream and cry. I wish we just had been only friends, but we didn't. We crossed a line that you can't uncross, we made the choice and now we're definitely suffering the consequences now.

Before Antonio and I dated I would approach him my smiling at him and starting a conversation with him. If Antonio and I were together I would approach him by kissing him on the lips, but now I'm unsure of how to approach him. Things are different now and I'm not sure of my movements and I'm unsure of how to start a conversation with him. He's still the Antonio physically, but he's not the man I fell in love with almost two years ago. So much has changed between us, and it's so bad that the thought alone makes me want to break. We are sitting across from each other not knowing what to say to each other. Not knowing how go about saying the words.

"Here how this goes, when I want you leave, you will leave without no problems. I don't want you touching at all. Do you understand?" I said something first because it was obvious Antonio wasn't going to even though he came to me to talk.

"I here you loud and clear. Do remember that night at the bar?" He asked me and I nodded.

What can I get you ma'am?" the bartender asked me when I sat on the bar stool.

"Whiskey." I said. The bartender gave me the drink after I flashed him my fake id. Instead of taking small sips I downed the whiskey like a shot. My chest started to burn instantly, but I didn't care it was better than the numb feeling I've been accostume to for the past fours months.

"Woah, miss slow down, your chest must be burning now." the bartender said to me.

"Another please." I told the bartender ignoring his words. This time I decided to drink the whiskey slowly.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I heard a familar voice say. I turned to the right side of me and it was no one other than Antonio. My widened because I wasn't expecting him to be here. If he told my brothers I knew I was a goner.

"Antonio I can explain." I started, but he shook his head cutting me off.

"There is no need to explain, I won't tell them I saw you here, as long as you let me drink with you." He said, when I nodded in agreement he waved down the bartender and order two shots. He took both shot with in thirty seconds.