Chapter 5.

"Come on Harry, I don't have all day!" Louis said impatiently, tapping his foot and folding his arms.

"Sorry, I'm just making sure it's the right amount..." I replied, gingerly pouring out the amount of vegetable oil.

"Well you're taking too long!" He burrowed his eyebrows and pouted at me.

"Don't get your trousers in a bunch. Maybe your lack of patience is why you aren't good at baking." I poured the oil in the bowl, which was the last ingredient to mix. "There."

"You know I could've done it myself." He huffed, taking the bowl out of my hands before I walked away from the kitchen table and back to Louis' counter, where I had my own baking station in the process.

Fortunately, Louis knew how to crack an egg, and pour the cake flour, but that was pretty much it. Good thing I was there to do the rest, since he'd at least try to show me he could do it by himself, but I'd glance back at the older lad, here and there, slightly cringing at his attempt. I jumped in before he could over do or do less than what the recipe needed.

Louis also was generous enough to let me make my own batch of brownies, under the condition for me to let him have half what I made. Although as selfish as I am over my baked goods, I surprised myself at how easily I compromised.

"You're lucky this is just a simple yellow cake recipe." I tell him, focusing my attention back on my bowl of caramel turtle brownie batter.

Louis grunted at my comment and went back to finish mixing with his own wooden spoon.

"Oh look at me, I'm Harry Styles. I'm nineteen, I work in a bakery and I am the best of the best bakers around." He mimicked me in a lower pitched voice. "My curls are so luscious everyone drools and wants a piece of me."

Louis flipped his fringe dramatically as he possibly could and I burst out laughing, making me drop my spatula and bowl on the ground. I instantly bent down to pick it up but Louis seized the opportunity to tackle me, attacking me from the side, and we went tumbling around the floor to the other side of the kitchen and so did the bowl which thankfully, didn't fall completely upside down.

"Louis! I'm gonna kill you!" I wrestled the older lad, accidentally intertwining our hands together but just to get a strong grip onto him. Louis just laughs and ends up pinning me down instead, as well as pinning my arms beside my head.

"I don't think Gemma would like that." He smirks hovering over me, breathing as hard as I was. Despite his petite size, his strength proves otherwise. And proves to me how much more attractive he appears. "Think about how she'll react to her lovely boyfriend getting murdered by her little brother. Now that doesn't make a pleasant headline for the paper, wouldn't you agree?"

I've never been so close to his face before but the way his mesmerizing blue eyes made contact with mine; the tone in his manly yet slightly higher pitched voice, the attempt to sound threatening and dare I say it, it was unbelievably hot, made my stomach do a back flip - a feeling I haven't felt in quite a long time. I snapped my self out of the somewhat trance and shoved Louis off of me, and it worked as I watched him tumble off of me and laying on the left side of me.

"Damn Harry, you're real strong for your age." He said weakly, laying stiff in shock of what just happened, with wide eyes staring up at the ceiling.

"Impressed?" I shift my head toward his direction, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah... no. Have you seen these babies?!" He pushed himself off of the cold tile floor and stood, flexing his biceps like he was some Hercules. "Don't think so."

"Wh..." My eyes widened at the sight of them. I quickly brought myself back to reality and tried to remain calm and unimpressed.

"Huh, what was that?" A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips.