Chapter 13.

{Louis' POV}

"Alright, that's a wrap for rehearsal today! You guys had improved flawlessly compared to the beginning of the whole thing!" Daniel, the director of the Peter Pan musical at the Holmes Chapel Theatre exclaimed, with his usual peppy tone and wide grin as we ran through one specific number in the production, with me being surrounded by my lost boys, closely followed by Wendy. We broke out of character, finally got to breathe in relief after staying frozen in position. "We got 2 weeks until the real deal, when you guys get to wear your actual costumes! You guys are killing it!"

"You bet we are!" I encouraged everyone, pumping my fist in the air, receiving much agreement in response.

"I'm satisfied to hear that." Daniel glanced at me with the same great grin, approaching the majority of us in center stage. "See you guys at the next rehearsal!"

The others and I walked off staged, giving Daniel a high five on the way and gathered our belongings from the seats of the theatre. It already felt like home to me, after months of practice and bonding with the cast and crew, everyone got along with everyone, and they are exactly like the people I used to surround myself in high school. Basically by the end of this, I can consider everyone one big family.

"Ahh, Liam! Put me down!" Daniel's voice echoed throughout the theatre, followed by much laughter.

I spun around to find the guy that plays Wendy's brother, John in the musical, Liam Payne, carrying our director off stage bridal style, and letting him down as they got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Sorry boss, just trying to have some fun." I overheard Liam say, then a moment later he caught sight of me, one section of seats away. "Catch ya later!"

Strutting toward me with a grin, came Liam himself.

"Hey, Payne! My man!" We slapped our hands together and followed through with the simple handshake we made up.

"I am not your man! Never will."

We've also gotten on that friendship level where we get to be jerks to one another and be completely okay with that.

"That hurts, Liam. Right in the feel goods." I burrowed my eyebrows as I put my charcoal black peacoat on.

"The what?" He glared at me, like I just spoke a foreign language.

"Heard it in a movie, thought I should give it a shot." I shrugged.

"Yeah, sure." He put his arm around my shoulder, and led us out the doors of the theatre which introduced us to the light October autumn breeze and maple colored leaves floating in the air and prancing around on the cement. "Anyway, you free for the rest of the afternoon?"

I turned toward him as we stood in front of the building. "Yup! Why are you asking?"

"Just wondering, I haven't got the chance to go downtown even though I just moved here months ago, remember?"

"No problem! I'll show you this really nice, lovely boy- bakery! That my friend which is a boy, works at." I bit my tongue and stared at Liam in shock of what I just said. "Let's get a move on, shall we?

I pushed him in the direction of where I parked my car and hoped he wouldn't ask any questions about what I mentioned mindlessly. I chewed on my bottom lip as I traced back in my mind about Harry.

It's been about a month since I saw him, but it's probably because he started his Uni classes and has been less available. And with my busy schedule with rehearsals for Peter Pan, our schedules sadly just haven't aligned. We've messaged each other here and there but it isn't the same as seeing each other in person.