Chapter 8.

{Louis' POV}

'I don't think this is working out anymore... I just I think we should see other people.' 

Should I say it like that? That's so short, I can't call it off like that. Although that's the simplest way to put it, that pretty much sums up what I have to say.

I asked myself, 'Do you want to be stuck in a relationship where it's going nowhere? And you've realized she isn't the one you have feelings for?'

That question lingered within my mind as I tried to shake it out my head countless times. I then decided to finally get out of my car, which was parked in front of Gemma's flat.

I locked the doors of my car and made my way up to the Styles' walkway and onto the porch. With shaking my hands, slightly anxious, I slowly bring my hand in front of the doorbell, and press it.

My heart race increased rapidly, and it almost completely stopped all at once I heard the click of the door opening, revealing that curly haired cheeky boy I saw exactly a week ago; thank goodness it wasn't Gemma herself. I also just remembered Harry was already off work at this time, so that gave me somewhat relief that he'd be here when I was. His presence at this moment brought me quite a bit of comfort when I desperately needed it.

"Hey Harry." I give him a forced smile and wave shyly. "May I come in?"

"Yeah, sure." He closed the door shut after letting me in and shot me a look of pure confusion. "What brings you here?"

"I- uh... " I started to say but Harry's eyes widened as he realized why on his own.

"You're doing it now?" He said in a hushed tone, as we walked into the living room.

I opened my mouth to speak, but right then I heard a door from upstairs close shut, and then someone making their way down the stairs. That could only mean one thing.

"Louis?" Oh shit. Before I could freak out internally, to my surprise, it was just their mother.

I sighed in great relief, and waved once she walked in the living room. "Hi Anne."

"I knew that voice anywhere. How are you?" Anne greeted me with a friendly grin, like always.

"I'm doing good, thanks." I reply, trying to calm my nerves.

"It's funny, you haven't been here for what? About a week? You usually come here quite often, especially for Gemma." She inquires, and look up at her with a nervous smile. "Where is your sister, Harry?"

"Gone for a walk. Should be back soon." Harry quickly glanced at me, and my muscles relaxed. So I still have time. Not much, but I'll take it.

"I've gotten quite busy lately. I've actually just gotten a part in the theater's musical recently." I respond to Anne's original statement.

"For Peter Pan?" Her eyes became wide just like her smile.

I nodded, grinning at my great accomplishment. I auditioned awhile back, thought it went pretty well and got a callback just a few days ago. Before I knew it, I was given the role of Peter Pan himself, and I couldn't control my shrieks and jumping up and down even once I got home, freaking out my flatmate Zayn but he got used to me reacting that way.

"Whoa, Louis? An actor?" Harry asked in an impressed tone. "Doesn't surprise me."

Oh, only he knew how good of an actor I am; not just referring to on stage situations...

"I like to surprise people with my talent." I boasted.

"So does Harry." Anne cooed, looking at the curly lad.