Chapter 3.

"I'm thinking we should use this song for our next cover." I suggest as we entered my bedroom, with a cheesy smile on my face hoping that my best mate would agree with me. I headed straight toward my desk, picked up my laptop, and collapsed on my bed, hogging the majority of the mattress.

"Move over, Styles. You have a guest." I blocked out his comment and focused on locating the song on my iTunes, after my laptop would finally load. "C'mon man!"

I squinted my eyes at him, and then smirked, scooting the rest of my body toward my headboard. I gestured the rest of the space on the bed ready for him to lay on. "There. Happy?"

"Very." He retorted me with a forced grin, as he laid at the end of the bed. "Now, let me hear that new song you mentioned."

I nod, moving the cursor of my laptop toward the play button at the top of my iTunes and clicked right away, laying back on my headboard with my hands behind my head, letting the lyrics flow through the speakers. I've just recently discovered this song off of my suggestions on Youtube, I couldn't get it out of my head. At first, Niall eyed at me critically, while I stared back at him until he reacted in some way, shape or form, then once it was one minute into the song, he softened into smirk, showing he was impressed.

"Not bad. I've never heard this song before." He spoke after the song gradually faded out. "Is it old?"

I shook my head. "Nope, just came out a few weeks ago with the rest of Taylor's album."

"Ahh. Taylor Swift and.. Ed Sheeran in one track, right? That was the guy singing with her?"

"Mhmm. He's honestly my favorite artist right now; a lyrical genius. I even bought his album the day it came out." I mention proudly.

"Wow, obsessed much?" Niall teased me, like always.

I stifle a laugh. "Nah, but I do feel like we could be best mates if I ever personally met him."

"Hey, I'm your best mate! No one can replace me." He nudged me playfully, acting offended before crossing his arms across his chest, sitting upright.

"Of course not, Niall. No other can be more amazing, have a faster metabolism, have louder laugh, better humor, and more of gassy problem than you." I wink at him flirtatiously.

"Awh, stop it Harry." He grinned bashfully, but then a moment later all of my words fully sunk in. "Hey!"

"Anyway, you think we should do this song?" I asked him, switching the topic while biting my lip.

"I brought my guitar, didn't I?" Niall grinned widely as he grabbed his guitar case and slipped out his large, glossy-looking acoustic guitar and placed it in his lap, shifting into his regular guitar playing position. He began playing around with random chords, in his own little world. I enjoyed the fact that I had a friend who was an expertise in playing that beautiful, 6-stringed instrument. If I didn't have a singing voice, I'd desire the need to learn guitar, but I have Niall for that, so I'm all set.

I searched for the chords for "Everything Has Changed" and it didn't take me too long to find the a link to the song so he knows how it goes. I turned the whole laptop in Niall's direction and gestured toward the screen which showed exactly what we needed.

Niall hunched over, and I noticed his blue eyes moving from left to right, totally in focus of consuming these new chords in his memory. He started strumming and positioned his fingers on the frets, and even started humming along the melody of the song. After awhile, he turned his attention back toward me, playing his guitar without looking down at the strings.

"This song isn't too hard. I think I've already got it." He announced, with a smile working its way on his lips. "Start singing away Harry!"

"Will do." I immediately grin at him and his enthusiasm. I thoroughly cleared my throat, and began to sing as Niall strummed the recognizable intro.