Chapter 9.

I watched as Louis left me, following my sister's lead up the stairs and into her room so they can talk in private. I'm a little bit worried, yet relieved that Louis feels that this is the time to draw line and break up with my sister. There's part of me that's not only satisfied that Gemma doesn't have to have a guy by her side to make her happy... is it the thought that he'd be a better match for myself? I have no clue. But what are the chances of him returning the same feelings? That would be a long shot, why am I even thinking it's possible?

I crept up the steps once Louis closed Gemma's door shut behind him, and I stood merely a few inches away from the door itself. I could make out their words perfectly. Louis not feeling the relationship anymore, Gemma noticing this change already and surprisingly, the decision of Louis wanting to break up with her turned into a mutual agreement. This is the first time my sister seemed quite calm about a situation like this, I'm proud yet sympathetic for her since this is another relationship of hers that just didn't last too long.

I slowly walked away from the door and scurried into my room, almost forgetting about the Irish blonde boy laying on my bed, strumming his acoustic guitar.

"Oh, hey. Niall." I felt my eyes grow wide and heart skip a beat.

"Why so startled?" He stared at me, instantly stopped playing his guitar.

"Erm... I just forgot you were here, that's all."

"Wow, thanks." He acted offended. "Did you find a tiger in the bathroom?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Excuse me?"

"Ya know, like in the first Hangover movie, 'member?" He replied casually.

I palmed my forehead, and sighed. "Yes I remember, but why the hell would there be a tiger in my flat?"

"You never know, silly Harry." He brushed off my irritated response and starting plucking the strings of his guitar again.

"Anyway, I'll tell you what really happened." I took a breath, and looked directly at him. "Louis-"

"You finally kissed him?!" He cut in faster than I'd expect him to.

"What?! N-Niall... no!" I started to get choked up by the simple mention of Louis AND kissing him in the same sentence. "I overheard him breaking up with Gemma in her room."

"Ahhh." He nodded in understanding. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

I raise my eyebrow, letting him go on.

"You have a chance." Niall cooed, nudging me with the head of the guitar as I sat down next to him on my mattress.

"I don't think so." I push it back toward him, and he scrunched his face.

"Don't be modest Harry. You've gotten this close to him and he's not interested in your sister anymore. If anything, you're like a better version of your sister. More cheeky, romantic, funny, dorky, lazy, quite the baker, always smiles, gets on your nerves sometimes, stubborn, perverted-"

"If anything, that sounds like you're confessing your love to me instead, then naming everything wrong about me." I quirk an eyebrow at him.

He then put his hands up in surrender. "Hey, I'm just telling the truth." I shake my head. "Are you ever going to let him know?"

"Of course not." I scoffed. "Running after the guy my own sibling had dated?"

"I know that's a ridiculously knob move, but over time, he could possibly warm up to you to the point that he'd consider being more than just friends with you." Niall convinces me with a half-hearted smile. "Everyone starts off as strangers, then friends, and if you're lucky, it leads up to becoming a couple. Even by the way you talk about him, which is quite often, you both have a connection for sure."