Chapter 15.

{Louis' POV}

It's easy, just call him. You have his contact name right there in front of you on the screen. One touch of a button, and boom, you got it over with. You've called him before, what's so different about this moment in time? Oh yeah, that's right:

You're basically asking him on a date.

"But we're just friends wanting to catch up, no big deal." I replied after Zayn remained staring at me on the other side of the bar counter table in the kitchen, elbows rested on it in front of me and my phone in my hand.

"Then why are you making it such a big damn deal trying to call him? Emphasis on try. " Zayn huffed, folding his arms across his chest.

"You were so confident when you mentioned to Gemma about your little crush on her younger brother a couple weeks ago."

"Did you eavesdrop when I pulled her aside while we were hanging out with her and our other friends that night?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Maybe."

"I was hesitant if you don't remember." I retorted, sighing in frustration.

"It's been a week since you saw Harry! Don't you think you've waited enough?"

"I'm just trying to make the call at the perfect time."

"Well time is running out, mate. It's now or never. He might think you're not interested in him."

I chewed on my bottom lip, contemplating Zayn's words. He's right, and I don't want Harry to think I'm ignoring him again either. I haven't talked to him since I saw him at the bakery, and my rehearsal hours have extended as we've gotten closer to opening weekend, which is next weekend.

"If you won't do it, I will." Zayn leans over the counter, in attempt to snatch my phone away.

My immediate reaction was to slap his hand, but surprisingly he was quicker. Zayn successfully grabbed the slim device and extended his arm upwards and stood on top of the single stool that was on that side of the counter / bar, with his hair brushed against the pale vanilla ceiling. Due to my short height, it did no good in the first place to even try going on the tips of my toes.

"Zayn!" I ordered firmly, smacking the side of his leg. Zayn gave me the hand and I could faintly hear the ringing on the other end from above as he pressed my phone against his ear. "Don't you dare."

"Sh, I'm on the phone Lou." The boy sasses me in a hushed tone. I looked at him in despair, this was serious. Apparently it was, to me.

"Hello?" The familiar deep voice traveled out from the phone and to my ears, my eyes instantly widened and my heart pace quickened.

"Hey Harry, it's Lou." Zayn pitched his voice to match mine. I glared at him, narrowing my eyes.

"I don't talk like that."

"It's my best impression of you, be quiet, I'm on the phone." Zayn pulled away from the phone, then back to his ear.

"Um, hi Zayn." I heard the words carry through the phone faintly.

I climbed onto the bar and fought to get my phone back. I pulled on his slim arm to possible get him to release the phone, and not have it so close to his ear so I could grab what was rightfully mine, but he wouldn't resist. He even walked off the chair and avoided me at all costs fast walking around the flat and he almost locked himself in the bathroom but I was stronger. They just kept on talking casually even after he confessed it was him. I needed to talk to Harry one on one, he knew this was important to me. I wedged myself in between the door and fought to get my phone back. "I have to do this by myself, why do you always gotta butt in?!"

At this point, I completely forgot that Harry could definitely hear me and Zayn's conversation, no doubt, but I was so upset, I didn't want to let it slide.

"I don't, I help because you don't take chances like this because you end up being too chicken."

"But this is different! Of course I'm gonna be nervous, but a good friend would push me to do it, not do it themselves."

Zayn stopped gripping onto the phone so tightly, and a look of "You're right Lou." consumed his face.

"Sorry." He mumbled, finally giving me the phone.

I gave him a sympathetic smile, and covered the mic of the phone before saying, "it's okay."

I walked out of the bathroom, flopped down on the sofa, and exhaled. "I'm so sorry for that, Zayn was being a little ass and took my phone. But anyway, I um, wanted to ask you something."

"Okay what is- really Nick? I'm on the phone. But it's only been a few minutes you've never been this strict- ugh, fine. I'm coming." Harry's tone became irritated and displeased. "Now I'm the one to apologize Lou. I gotta get back to work. But we can hang out tomorrow if you want so we can talk in person. I miss ya mate, and I thought we were going to catch up again!"

I face palmed my forehead, and nervous smile formed on my lips. "Yes we were! I've been more busy with the musical lately but I'm free tomorrow, around the time you get off work."

"Fantastic! Plus, I don't wanna be home alone while my mom and stepdad go on a date and while my sister is going to a party."

"We can party ourselves, food, movies, all on me." I genuinely smiled at the idea, and I wish I could see his face right now.

"I'll help too, it's my house. I'm not going to be a dick and let the guest pay for necessities."

"You're so kind." I laugh. "Alright, so we'll go grocery shopping together after your work?"

"Sounds great to me."

I resisted from squealing audibly and just pumped my fist in the air, watching Zayn strode back into the room, probably to see how things or going.

"Alright, well you better get back to work, bakery boy. Don't wanna get in trouble because of me."

Harry chuckled lightly. "Yeah, Louis, because you're the troublesome one in this relationship- I mean, um, you k-know what I mean." He stuttered so much, I was in shock.

"I know what you meant, and I agree." I replied calmly, making the conversation end at ease instead of awkward.

"Okay, good." Harry laughed it off.

I smiled instantly. "See ya tomorrow!"

"Can't wait." He said in a such a tone that melted my insides like he was telling his lover he couldn't wait to do the deed with her, but I know Harry was just teasing. That asshole.

I bit on my lower lip, pressed end call, lowering the phone slowly with the back of my hand touching the sofa cushion. Zayn looked up from the recliner and stared at me, with an eyebrow arched.

"So you got your date?"

"Not in the way I expected but I'm still gonna take him on an actual date. We're gonna be alone at his flat tomorrow..."

"Ooh, Loueh! Don't let anything get too heated." Zayn smirked, and I tossed my phone to the other side of the sofa. I grabbed the nearest pillow and clutched it against my chest.

"I want to kiss him, not have sex with him." I scoffed. "But sometimes you can't stop the intensity of a moment."

Zayn's jaw dropped in amusement like it was the most dirty thing to come from my mouth.

"I'm just kidding. That won't happen." I laughed it off and I left the room with Zayn glaring at me like he didn't believe me.

~