Chapter 6.

Louis generously gave me a ride back to my house, with the cake decorated and frosted, with the words 'Get well babe x' in a sky blue color. I was so tempted to eat it, but Louis scolded me whenever I'd try to swipe a bit of frosting with my finger, swatting my hand away every time.

As he parked outside my flat, Louis had suggested that we should spend another day together, and I played it cool on the outside and simply agreed to it. But as I made my way toward my front door, hearing Louis' car drive off in the distance, a huge grin broke out on my face; inside I was overwhelmed and pleased that Louis liked having me around! ...Or was he just saying that?

I eventually decided that I wasn't going to let that get me down. He openly told me he wanted another day with me and that's good enough proof for me.

Weeks pass, and we grew closer as friends for the majority of the summer. We hung out often and did something different each time. He's quite spontaneous, definitely isn't fond of the same old things, and I adore that about him. That's one of his best qualities. I've noticed in Gemma and Louis' relationship that they're already making their way into the comfortable stage of their relationship, which can be either a good or bad way to describe your relationship. They did start dating before the summer and it's almost autumn now, so it's been good awhile they've been together, so of course things can change or at least shift a little within a matter of months.

To my surprise, we got along faster easier than I initially expected. It was strangely cool to click with someone like that, and it's never really happened to me before. I still have more to learn about him, but I'm almost sure that there's something about him that I want for myself. Even though Gemma and him are going pretty well, or that's what it seems, and I don't want to ruin that for them. But those blue eyes of his lure me in so damn easily and I catch myself before gazing too long at him whenever we're together. And not to mention his lovable personality makes it hard to stay away. Just to make matters worse for me, I recall a dream where Louis and I kissed. Once I woke up, for a second I longed for an actual kiss upon his lips.

I shook my head of that thought, as I brought myself back to reality while I made my way downtown to the bakery, taking advantage of the decently warm weather to walk to work. A slight breeze cut through my curls, helping me see but then letting my curls fall back onto my forehead, blocking my sight. Fortunately, before it got even more windier, I entered the bakery, and the small bell above the door chiming, greeting me.

"Hey! If it isn't my favorite baker!" Nick, my boss, exclaimed with open arms. I'd consider him as a close friend, and only on occasion we hang out. "You're a bit early today."

"Yeah, well it's a beautiful day out! And I just wanted to get out of the house already." I explained, walking past him with a pep in my step, and into the kitchen in the back, washing my hands thoroughly, and afterwards grabbing my waist apron.

"You seem different today."

"What do you mean?" I ask, tying my apron around me.

"You seem slightly happier, I can sense it."

"Hm, weird." I scoffed, ignoring him.

"Did Harry meet someone?" He cooed, leaning against the doorway.

"Shut up." I retorted, fighting back a smile.

"Uh huh, right. Get to work." Nick smirked at me, nudging me with his elbow and walking back out to the front.

~ ~

"Hey Harry! You got a delivery, or shall I say, secret admirer." Nick called from the register.

"Oh please, stop teasing." I roll my eyes, ignoring him and focusing on kneading the dough I was working on.

"Alright, I'll throw this away..." He taunted. I knew he would actually do that.