Chapter 2.

When did my hands get all sweaty? And when did my heart start pounding in my chest? Calm down Harry, what's going on with you? It's just Gemma's new boyfriend.

Yeah, Gemma's new boyfriend that just happens to be extremely fit for his age.

He was only a few inches shorter than me, seemed like a mature lad, but noticing that twinkle in his blue eyes told me he's actually quite childish, and full of life. Or it was the twinkle in the eyes of a prankster. Besides the perfect structure of his face, especially his jaw, he had a bit of stubble, showing that he was older and his hair wasn't totally messy nor perfect. It was definitely the attractive, good type of messy. And honestly, with the swoop of his fringe and every characteristic I could pick out, it's the definition of near perfection. He's the definition of perfection.

"Hi, I'm Louis." The brunette outstretched his hand, waiting patiently for me to react as he did so with a friendly, inviting grin. "You must be Harry?"

I suddenly felt my stomach do a small somersault and I forced myself to blinked to bring myself back to reality, as I slid my hand into his palm, shaking it gently while Louis had such a firm grip.

"Gemma has told me quite a lot about you." He continues grinning with that warm smile of his. Louis' eyes were so entrancing I tried not to stare too long for him to notice something off about me.

"R-really?" I stutter in reply. What the heck, I barely ever stutter my words... "Oh sorry." I abruptly pull my hand away to avoid any awkward vibes between us while my hand felt to be in his grasp for longer than intended.

I put my arm behind me and leaned calmly against the doorframe. I realized my palm still felt sweaty. Whenever I shake hands with anyone, that never ever happens. Why am I reacting so abnormally to this plain, simple, fit... I-I mean guy, just a simple guy, standing in front of me? It is just Gemma's boyfriend, remember that. I've met like two of them in my life. What's so different about this one?

Louis let out an amused chuckle. "No worries mate. And yes really. But only how irritating you can be."

"Well she irritates me too." I mumble under my breath.

"Oh I bet, but by the looks of it, you don't seem too troublesome. I'm quite troublesome myself." He smirked, probably reminiscing times where he caused mischief.

"That's what I'd want people to think." I awkwardly smile to lighten things up.

"Clever boy." He winked and I felt my heart stop all together for the second time.

"Thanks. I try my best to be." I glance downwards, slightly blushing, hopefully he didn't notice my cheeks turn red.

Just then I heard the bathroom door shut. And that must be my sister.

"Louis! Hey Harry, won't you let him in?"

His smile brightened even more as he shifted his attention away from me. I rolled my eyes at my sister's demand, and stepped aside to let Louis into our flat.

All of a sudden I felt a wave of jealousy stir inside of me as Louis and Gemma walked toward each other and kissed each other on the cheek.

My sister always has the ruin the moment doesn't she... What are you even saying?! Get a grip Harry!

I took notice of what he was wearing: a mahogany jumper with tan trousers. Very tight, tan trousers I must add.

Hold on, if I actually have a certain interest in Louis, especially someone I just met then I clearly must be going insane. This kind of thing never has happened to be before -- where I meet someone for the first time and I get all nervous and knotty in my stomach.