Chapter 7.

"Bye Harry!" Nick walked me out the door as my shift at the bakery ended, patting my back for comfort. Now off to the cafe to meet up with Gemma's boy toy.

I huffed and shoved my hands in my pockets and stepped outside, feeling the soothing warm of the sun, replacing the cool air conditioning that the bakery contained.

"See you tomorrow!" I met Nick's eyes once again, beaming then began walking.

"Hey, tell me what goes on between you and Louis after today! I want to know everything!" He yelled toward me.

"Sure thing!" I shout back, laughing at him, then turned back around.

I felt the gentle breeze yet again on my face, and squinted my eyes at where the sun shined down from. A bunch of people were out today also taking advantage of this warm September day. I'm going to start Uni in a week or so, and I'm pretty anxious to start my classes, which means I'd have to shorten my weekday shifts at the bakery. A bit saddening that is, but oh well.

Before I know it, I near the end of the block, right in front of the small, local cafe, where Louis said he'd be. At one of the tables for outdoor convenience, I find a brunette haired man facing away from me, drumming his fingers on the glass table in front of him.

I sneak up behind him, and abruptly grab hold of his shoulders. "Boo!"

"Ahhh! Who do you think... Oh, Harry!" His shocked expression turned into an amused one.

I beam at him acknowledging me. "Yup that's me!"

"You startled me!" Louis clutched his heart as if he encountered a heart attack.

"That was the point." I take my seat in front of him, folding my hands onto the table. "So, why did you want me here? And why the letter?"

"Whoa whoa, slow down Sherlock. One question at a time."

I give him a dirty look, and he just grins back at me with his lovely little smile. Ugh, come on man, control yourself.

"Well for one, I like communicating the old fashion way because texting is boring and too instant. Although I just gave it to the post man as he was making his way down his block earlier but anyway- um..."

I noticed Louis stalling his answer for the only other question I inquired to him. "Louis? What was the purpose of you bringing me here?" I spoke my words slowly.

Louis' blue eyes squinted slightly like he was afraid of how I'd respond or what he was about to say was difficult to talk about.

"I'm thinking of breaking up with Gemma." Louis confessed, sighing heavily.

I blinked numerous times to comprehend what Louis just said and I couldn't help my eyes about to pop out of their sockets.

"W-what?!" I managed to utter out, leaning too much forward that I made the table lean with me. I quickly balanced the table back into position, and awaited his response.

"Yeah... I don't know what happened. My feelings just sort of faded, they don't feel as strong as they used to. I slowly started to see her a different way. I feel terrible." Louis avoided my eyes, feeling ashamed in himself. I observed him, attempting to understand what he meant. "Before you punch me in the face, let me explain myself."

I was going to deny that, but Louis continued before I could get a word in.

"I've slowly realized that we don't have much in common. I've just gone with it, thinking that opposites attract and that is great we're different but, sometimes that's not always the case. I at least feel like we don't truly complement each other as boyfriend and girlfriend." 

I nod, feeling the empathy for my sister building within me. Well, that just adds another guy to the list that their feelings for her has washed away, only after several months.

"Anyway, I want to be with someone spontaneous as I am, someone who gets me right off the bat.. who has a personality where I can joke with them and they would do the same, not taking me too seriously-

"Because you're anything but serious." I add in, smirking, finding that statement the utmost true.

"Oi!" Louis acted completely offended, glaring at me.

I put my hands up in surrender, suppressing my laughter, which was quite hard to do. "You mentioned it first."

Louis shook his head, trying to shake away his smile. "I really would like to have someone in my life who's dorky, yet mature-"

"Like me?" I joked, wanting to see how he'd respond.

"Actually yeah, exactly, like you." Louis smiled genuinely at me, and I forced a grin before a frown would appear on my face instead.

Don't get ahead of yourself, Harry. He doesn't actually mean you, just someone with a couple of the same qualities as you. I'm just his soon to be ex-girlfriend's brother. I'm basically stuck in the friend-zone... What a lovely place to be.

"Are you okay, Harry?" Louis asked, looking at me with worried eyes.

I snapped back to reality and gave him a look as if he was seeing things, quirking an eyebrow.

"I'm fine. What are you talking about?"

"Well your smile just faded away and neither of us said something for a moment there, so I assumed-" I noticed my cheekbones and jaw had relaxed and I was unaware due to me having a conversation with myself. Shit.

"Don't worry Lou. Besides, this isn't about me, it's about you." I tried changing the subject. "When and how are you going to tell her you, uh, want to call it quits?"

"Now that, my friend, is the hard part. I have no clue how to bring it up." He admitted, rubbing the back of his neck.

I thought about that for a moment, and sighed. "Can't really help you there, mate, but all I can advise you is simply try to let her down gently."

"Obviously." Louis lightly scoffed.

"Hey, I'm trying to help!"

"Touchy. I was only teasing. Thanks anyway, curly." Louis smiled with a hint of sadness behind his eyes. I can tell he's trying to make light of this hard situation to be in. He patted my hand in reassurance, then pulled away. I felt a small spark once he touched my hand, and once he pulled away his, I longed for his hand to stay there for just awhile longer.

"No problem Lou. Anytime." I reply.

Louis nodded and a short moment of silence fell between us before he spoke again. 

"Well, I best be on my way back to my flat. My roommate might be worrying about me."

"Alright, I'll see you around...?" I say as we got up and pushed in our chairs. My heartbeat rising in my chest, scared of his response.

"Yeah, of course." Louis answered with a soft smile. "We're still friends."

"Right," I gulped, but forced myself to smiled back. "We sure are."

"Bye Harry." He outstretched his arms for a hug, and I wrapped my arms around his petite, slim body, placing my hands on the small of his back as I felt his arms hug my neck. This height difference is quite odd since I'm younger than him but I find it adorable.

He pulled away, breaking the hug but not eye contact. My breathe hitched within those seconds, but Louis just gave me a small grin before letting go. I watched him as he turned around and made his way toward his car I could see on the other side of the street.

I exhale like I was holding in my breath the entire time. It's happening, they aren't going to be together anymore. Nick's words from earlier lingered back into my mind as I walked away.

"It's up to you where you wanna go from here..."

Is this really a sign from the universe or destiny that I should go for it?

~