Chapter 11.

After Louis and Zayn picked me and Niall up from my flat, the ride to the beach was anything but quiet. There were no silent, boring moments whatsoever and the tunes were blasted to the max. His car had a sunroof, and so Louis decided to roll it down and so we could enjoy the sun and the breeze of summer wind on our faces. We messed with the people in cars around us whenever we came to a stop light, and even a few kids had confused, frightened expressions on their faces, and some acknowledged us by pointing and laughing, but we didn't mind at all.

Every time I caught a glimpse of Louis' eyes, his blue eyes that shimmered with glee, they probably couldn't compare to the shimmering seashore that awaited us moments later.

Once we finally found a decent parking spot in the lot of the beach, Niall quickly clicked his seat belt and sprung out of the car and headed for the water before any of us, already taking off his tank top and flinging it around. We all bursted out in a roar of laughter, and gave each other the "why the hell not?" kind of look, immediately racing each other to catch up with Niall, taking our own tops off on the way, as well as our shoes in a designated spot. Despite the looks we got with our sudden outburst, I didn't bother me, nor it did for the other lads.

I swear for the likes of me, Louis was quick and light on his feet for his size. I was faster than Zayn but near the speed Louis was going. As well as how well he kept his body fit. He wasn't toned but he was the perfect slim shape with a tad of tummy, not that would change the way I saw the older lad. The summer sun had eventually created a shade of tan I find the utmost attractive; like he couldn't catch my eye more than he already did. The small amount of tattoos - I assume he recently got - with meanings I longed to find out about that he had along his arm, made me stare a little too long. I don't think I found that a turn on until now. I felt as if him running was in slow motion and I even thought I was gonna trip on a little kid making a sand castle. Gladly I didn't.

I finally drew my gaze away from Louis and toward Niall and Zayn who were splashing water at each other, already seeming like close mates. I beamed at that and decided to join them, who noticed me and decided among themselves to team up and create a huge wave of water to come my way. I felt the water soak my curls and drip down my face, neck, then chest. As if there couldn't be anymore surprises, all of a sudden I felt instant weight on my back as someone attacked me from behind and forcefully wrapped their arms around my neck, only to find Louis grinning widely and laughing as I looked over my shoulder. His face was so close to mine that I almost forgot to breath and jerked backwards and shrieked like a little girl. Still, I grabbed hold of Louis' legs only so he wouldn't fall back and so I could keep him there a while longer.

"Onward, Harold!" He exclaimed in my ear as he wrapped his legs tight around my torso and pointed toward Niall and Zayn's direction. I could feel his messy brown hair come in contact with my cheek and tickle the side of my neck.

"You got it!" I charged toward the duo without refusal, and with not too much of a struggle to carry Louis on my back. Zayn and Niall instantly let out screamed as loud as they could exaggerate. Niall attempted to run them dove into the water, disappearing from our sight, while Zayn went the other direction back to shore, flailing his arms around like a helpless bird.

Louis and I exploded in laughter and I decided to get back to Zayn, whom would be easier to catch up to than Niall. Trudging toward Zayn, I felt Louis adjust his grip on me, resting his chin on my shoulder, like it was fit just for him. It was a really pleasant feeling...

"Hey curly! Why did you slow down? You're letting him get away!" Louis snapped me back to reality as he hopped off my back and jogged toward where I assume Zayn was, and where I failed to notice him hiding behind some kid's sand castle, which was created with more skill than I've seen ever.