Do You Even Cheerlead?

Please comment! Your comments always make my day:)
*******

Trying out for the Puma's Cheerleadig was about the last thing I wanted to do Tuesday evening at 5 PM. I didn't hesitate to let the idiots who got me into this know.

"I'm not going."

"Come on, Em."

"Nope."

"Dammit, Emily just do it."

I rolled my eyes.

"You heard me, Jacob. I'm not trying out."

"Why not?", he asked faking a frown.

"Do I look like that kind of airhead."

He opened his mouth to spit out a sarcastic remark but closed it as soon as he realized what outcome that would have on this turn of events.

"Who says you'll even make it.", Kyle shrugged from the corner of the kitchen.

I looked at him.

"Yeah, you're right.", he said not even needing my response.

"If you don't go they'll downcast you as a freshman."

I didn't respond but I had to admit, Jacob did have a point.

And he knew it.

"They'll look at you as that 8th grader who made fun of the Sr cheer squad and faked wanting to try out. That whole gang will make your life hell."

"You already do that.", I muttered.

Cole laughed from the couch and I smiled in return.

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"PLEAAAAAASE."

"GOD DAMMIT FINE."

Jacob kissed me on the head and bounded up the stairs.

"Thanks, sis.", he called cheerfully.

Fuck him.

***********

Cole parked the Range Rover in the schools lot and turned to face me.

"What is with this car and you giving me lectures?", I groaned already predicting the words out of his mouth.

"Don't mess this up."

"Does it look like I want to be on that team?"

"Emily, do it for your brothers."

"What the hell, how does this situation even sound like I'm at the upper hand? They're the reason I'm in this mess."

"Well they fucked up, but maybe it was for the best. Maybe you'll really like cheerleading."

"I already cheerlead."

"Yeah well school cheerleading is a lot different than club cheer."

"You don't think I know that?", I asked rolling my eyes. "Why do you think I don't want to try out?"

"To piss off our brothers."

"Yeah, the shitheads who signed me up for cheerleading without my permission? Almost forgot about them."

"Just don't slack off. Even if those cheerleaders are airheads than kick the crap out of them."

"Why do you care so much?"

Cole rolled his eyes and leaned back in the drivers seat. "Because if you fail, and you don't make the cheer team, you'll fail. And if you fail then- well we all know you don't well with failure."

"What?", I asked outraged.

It was true. Failure was my biggest fear. Failure of making a team, acing my grades, impressing my parents, failure of life. I couldn't stand but be the best at everything I did and it made me insane when I wasn't good at something. I was the most competitive person I knew but that was all thanks to 5 older brothers.

"If I don't show up, I don't have to fail."

"But if you don't show up then the cheerleaders will take it personally. And Jacob will rat you out to them, feeding lies about how you call them ignorant airheads behind their backs. They'll make your high school life miserable."

I shrugged, "Jacob would do that."

"Exactly. Now go get 'em tiger."

I paused holding the door before slamming it. "Don't ever say that again, weirdo."

Tryouts were way to easy. By the time I had round off back handspringed their ass I was on the team.

"She made it!", Logan hollered that night at dinner.

"More quality time with the cheerleaders!", Jacob whooped.

My dad gave him a stern look.

"I mean- congrats or whatever."

I rolled my eyes not expecting any sympathy out of him.

So why did I try out. I wasn't that scared of the cheerleaders ruining my life to do Jacob's lies. I mean honestly, would you believe him.

But the cheerleaders were something my brothers wanted. And for once in my life I had control. I knew the cheerleaders better than any of them and if my brothers wanted to date the cheerleaders within a flip of my switch I could get my new squad to fall head over heels for them... Or in complete distaste. Which meant I got to start making the rules from now on.

Point Emily.