The More the Merrier

I watched from the Dining Hall balcony as my sister dribbled circles around Josh. I knew she liked him, I just had to get her to admit it. And then I'd have to admit it to myself.

I hated seeing Emily grown up. Calling her my little sister seemed like an understatement the second the words left my mouth. She wasn't my little sister, she was 14 now. Although she was flat chested and as tomboy as you could get she was still a girl. A girl that liked guys, and for some reason I couldn't accept that, and niether could the rest of my brothers. 

Call us overprotective, but isn't that what older brothers are supposed to be? I would rather my sister hate me for treating her like a baby than see her heart broken by a guy she barely knows, even if it is Josh.

But I would never get tired of seeing my sister overprotective of us. The thing was, she couldn't do much about which girls we dated seeing as she was younger than all of us. But that didn't stop her from feeling jealous. Emily hated when we brought girls home. I could tell that she hated the affection they were no longer giving her. She had always been the baby girl of the family, but with new girlfriends she was no longer the only girl in the house. My brothers and I sometimes even ignored her at home when our dates were there, which only infuriated her more.

Even though she was overprotective, she never admitted it. My brothers and I would constantly tease her about being jealous but she would shrug it off and say she couldn't care less who we dated. The thing about my sister is that she's a terrible liar. We all saw right through it, and she knew it. 

But she was still my sister. And if Josh was the right guy for her and there was nothing I could do I might as well live in the moment. If I couldn't prevent my sister from liking her, I might as well embarrass her as much as I could. Even if Josh liked her after all of the teasing I would put them through, at least I would know he was right for her. And besides, what's a relationship without some good old embarrassment from her favourite big brother. 

******************************************************************************************************

I couldn't do it alone. If I wanted this to be done right all of my brothers needed to be on board. 

I decided to start with Cole. He was talking to another leader at the main field while everyone prepared for Night Games. His face was red and he kept looking down, so I could tell that he liked the girl. How cute.

"I see you've met my brother. What unfortunate taste you have."

"Not the time, Jacob.", Cole said digging his elbow into my rib and laughing it off to the female leader.

"Subtle.", I said looking down at his arm. 

He pulled it away and nervously laughed.

"I'm Jacob.", I said giving a hand to the lady he so obviously liked.

"Claire. Wait, you guys are both Emily's brothers right?"

"Ya, but I'm her favourite.", Cole said winking.

God, he was such a player. 

"Oh totally, Cole. I'm sure our sister loves it when you walk around in your hello kitty boxers when her friends are over.", I said sarcasm dripping from my voice.

His face instantly turned a deeper shade of red. 

"It's not my fault that Grandma couldn't tell the difference between girl boxers and guy boxers, Jacob.", Cole hissed.

"Ya but you still wore them."

Claire giggled.

"Leave.", Cole said.