Thinking it Through

I guess I never really was one to think anything through.
Jacob and Logan were the laughing stock of the dance, and Kyle was nowhere in sight to protect me from their wrath.
My phone buzzed and I slipped away behind the buffet to answer it.
"What the fuck did you do?", Cole sighed on the other end.
"Cole? How did you even-"
"Kyle filled me in. I'm coming now. Before you die."
I sighed in relief. "Cole I owe you one."
"Not so fast. I'm picking all of you up."
"No Cole- they'll kill me. Can't you just send, Nathan? I'll walk home, it's literally 5 minutes away-"
"I'm here, Emily."
Well that's just splendid.

*********
I jumped into the car first, so that I could be in Cole's protection for as long as possible. Kyle came next, riding shotgun, even though I begged him to be middle so that I wouldn't have to sit next to those animals.
"You did this.", Logan seethed opening the door. "You have no idea what's in store for you, Emily Nicole Kingston."
"Relax. It's nothing more than anything any of you-"
"Really, Em? Have we ever done something as humiliating as revealing your worst secrets to the entire student body?"
"Better the student body than someone you like.", I mumbled.
"Are you blind? Both of our girlfriends were there.", Jacob hollered filing into the seat beside Logan.
"Calm down-"
"Calm down, oh no, no way darling. We're way passed that."
I sighed and leant out of my seat, onto the window. Logan was constantly shoving his elbow into my rib cage to make me uncomfortable.
"Is this the best you can do?", I smirked.
He stuck his tongue out and I rolled my eyes. Honestly, he was so immature.                                                 My phone buzzed with an incoming text from Josh and I unlocked it to reply before Logan snatched it clean from my hands.
"Hey, what the hell! Cole make him give it back.", I whined.
Cole shook his head. "Are you serious, Emily? After what you put them through.", he said parking the car in front of our house.
Jacob flew out of the car, phone in hand, all the way inside and into the kitchen.
I cornered him across the island but every way I moved he moved the other way.
"Give it. Now.", I barked.
"This isn't even remote payback for the stunt you pulled tonight."
"Come on.", I whined.
"Let her have it, she knows worse is bound to come anyway.", Kyle said trying to protect me.

"Nothing wrong with starting off small."

"This isn't fair."

Jacob narrowed his eyes. "Isn't fair? What's not fair is you displaying the most humiliating videos of us to the entire school. This phone doesn't even come close-"

"The one time I get you back, you're allowed to be mad at me, but nothing you have ever done to humiliate me just seems to no longer count? How is that even remotely fair?"

Logan rolled his eyes. "Because we're your brothers, Emily."

"So?", I squeaked. "I didn't ask to live with 5 guys. I didn't ask to be the youngest."

"Well deal with it, because you are.", Cole shouted entering the kitchen.

"I wasn't talking to you.", I muttered.

"Careful, Emily. Learn who you're talking back to."

"Just because you're older than me, doesn't mean I have to treat you like Dad."

"No, but it doesn't mean you had the right to publicly humiliate both of your brothers.", Kyle added gently.

"Oh shut up, Mr. Perfect, I saw you laughing.", I retorted. 

He glared at me as Jacob sent him a death threat. 

"Enough with the chit chat, we're starting with Josh."

"No you're not.", I said running after him, as he ducked around the island.

"Try and stop me, you baby."

He knew I hated when he calls me that.

"You don't even know my password."

Jacob smirked at Logan and he returned the snarky facial expression as Logan trapped me behind the counter and pinned me to the ground, still in my heels.

"Get. Off. You pig.", I grunted.

"Thumb?", Jacob taunted.

"No.", I spat.

"I guess we're just going to have to do this the hard way.", he sighed with a grin.

I struggled against Logan's grasp but he was too strong. His muscular arm uncurled my clench fist as Jacob shoved my iPhone underneath my finger. 

"Logan-you're killing me.", I spat.

"Good.", he shrugged. 

I wriggled underneath him as Jacob began swiping through my phone. 

"Nathan!", I hollered knowing that none of my other brothers would save me. Cole was trying to punish me and I threw Kyle under the bus not 5 minutes ago. He was my only chance.

"Relax- relax, I heard all of you animals when you pulled into the driveway.", Nathan jogged into the kitchen wearing Nike basketball shorts and a white tee. 

He stopped when he saw me as his face grew wide with a smile. 

"Oh, Emily. What did you do this time?"

I rolled my eyes. "A little help?", I asked.

"Not until you explain."

"Enough! All of this chit chat is boring me.", Jacob said smirking at my phone.

"Nathan he took my phone!"

Nathan walked over to Jacob and crossed his arms, maintaining that stupid smirk. 

"Jacobson. Do you remember the time you pushed Emily into the ocean and made her stay there?", he asked slowly.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "It wasn't that big of a deal, she was just being a wuss."

"So that's a yes. And how does that time differ from this?"

"Because it was in front of the entire school Nathan. Slight difference."

The power struggle between both brothers seemed to momentarily distract them as I kneed Logan between the shoulders and grabbed my phone from Jacob's hand before darting upstairs to my room.

I turned to lock the doors but it was too late. Just my luck.