Meet My Brothers

All I wanted was sleep. I mean, that's not a big thing to ask for, is it? Just a couple more minutes under the blankets is all I really-

"Mom Kyle stole my computer!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Shut up, boys!"

But I guess that's too much to ask for.

Groaning, I climbed out of bed and immediately regretted it. The early August air clung to the hardwood floors like a leech.

I opened the doors and two blurred figures sped down the hallway almost taking me with them. The chaser was Logan, he's 15 and my brother.

Let me just say something about Logan. He is the most ANNOYING brother out of all of my siblings. I honestly think his only goal in life is to annoy the hell out of me.

And that blonde head racing away from him? That's Kyle. He's 16.

I rolled my eyes and quickly caught up with them. I got in between them both putting a hand on Logan's toned chest pushing him back, and my hand around the collar of Kyle's shirt to make sure he wouldn't run away.

"Dad took your computer to the apple store, you idiot. He needed to change the keyboard after you spilled milk on it last week."

Logan's eyes blinked a few times.

"You have 5 seconds before I tear your head off.", Kyle hissed.

"Calm down you guys. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I'm the only girl around here." I said laughing at my brothers.

Logan rolled his eyes and thwacked me on the head. "Hey, Em don't you think it's a little early to being trying on your Halloween costume?"

I glared at him and he chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"You're lucky I saved both of your asses or Mom would've yelled at you and you both would've been grounded."

Kyle nodded his approval while Logan mocked an apology.

"Fine, maybe I won't save your sorry asses next time.", I muttered getting ready to retreat back to my room.

Unfortunately for me, that safe chamber was out of distance.

I felt two toned arms hoist me over the shoulders, as I was swung across Kyle's back.

"Kyle put me down!", I yelled as he galloped down the stairs, with a firm grip on my ankles.

I did a sit up in mid air, fully ready to unleash myself from Kyle's grip when another set of arms pushed me down roughly. I glared back at my smirking youngest older brother.

"Not a chance", he said.

"MOM!" I whined.

Kyle rolled his eyes.

"Get ready for the waterworks."

"Gosh, Emily why do you have to be such a tattletale?", Logan pouted as Kyle put me down.

"Because,", I smirked. "How else could I do this?"

I smacked them both on the back of their heads and then darted into the kitchen.

"Emily!" They both barked running after me.

I swung down the stairs, racing into the kitchen with them hot on my track. All I needed was to get to safety.

"Kids.", my Dad said calmly, not bothering to look up from his newspaper at the kitchen counter.

We halted in mid chase.