Chapter 7

The next morning, I wake up excited thinking about tonight. It's like all my birthdays and Christmases have come at once!

"Mum, dad there's this club not far from here so I thought I might go tonight."

"How are you getting there?"

"I might get a cab."

"Alright honey, be safe."

I decide to wear a short black dress and black diamanté heels.
6pm comes round pretty quick.

Sal texts me saying he's waiting outside so I say bye to my parents and go down to meet him.

I get into his car and he says "You look gorgeous tonight."

We smile at each other and I watch as his dimples get deeper. He's wearing a black suit and his glasses. I love it when he wears his glasses, it makes him look even cuter.

He hands me a black velvet box tied up with red ribbon. I open it and find a diamond encrusted heart necklace.

"The diamonds are real." he says as he smiles at me.

When we arrive at the restaurant, he gets out of the car first and opens the door for me. I roll my eyes at him playfully, smile and step out.

He walks behind me with the necklace and puts it round my neck.

The restaurant is so beautifully romantic with gold and candles everywhere. We take our seats facing each other and a waiter hands us a menu each.

"Order whatever you like."

"Sal, these prices are so-"

"I don't care, have whatever you want."