Chapter 11

I wake up yet again in a hospital bed staring at the ceiling and wired up to a heart monitor.

I look up to talk to my parents but they're not there. I look round until I see four faces looking at me.

It's Joe, Murr, Q and Sal.

"Where are my parents?" I ask worriedly.

"They went to get a coffee or something, they'll be back soon." Joe says with a smile.

My eyes meet with Sal's but then go back to looking at all four of them. It's so tempting to hug Sal and make the pain go away but I know I can't. I love him too much.

"So what are you all doing here?"

"Your parents called and said you was in hospital." Q replies.

"We thought we'd come and cheer you up." Murr adds.

Suddenly, Sal says "Can I have a moment with her?"

The others look confused but Q stands up and walks out saying "Sure dude." and the others follow him out.

Sal brings his chair closer to the bed as I sit up and we both throw our arms round each and sit there for a moment taking everything in.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just got worried that someone might find out about us."

"Oh baby, no one's ever going to find out."

"I love you too much to let you go." He puts his hand on mine but quickly removes it when my parents walk in.

"I better go see the guys, hope you get better." He smiles at me and nods at my parents as he walks out the door.

"He seems nice. Now if you came home with someone like him I'd be pleased." mum winks playfully.

"Mum!" I laugh, picking up a pillow and throwing it at her.

"What? I would."