Chapter 46

~ 2 years later ~

It's Antonietta's 2nd birthday. Both our families and friends are round for her party.

Sal helps make the food before the guests arrive.

About an hour later, the guests arrive and sit in the garden. I take the food outside and everyone comes running over.

I see Sal with Antonietta and a few other kids on the trampoline and can't help giggling at him.

When we've all eaten, I get the cake and bring it out. We sing happy birthday and laugh as she gets confused by the candles.
____________________________________

As the night draws in, I head down to the beach with Sal and the guys.

This is the last time we'll see each other for a long time as soon we'll be going our separate ways.

We walk along the sea and stop, standing in a line next to each other. It's silent for a moment until Murr says

"So this is how it's going to be from now on?"

"Pretty much." Q replies taking a sip of beer.

"We've had some good moments though haven't we?" Joe chirps up.

There's a moment of reflection.

"To life." Sal raises his beer bottle.

"To life!" we chorus clinking our bottles together.
____________________________________

So much has changed since I met Sal. But mostly since Antonietta was born.

I mean Murr has a fiancé now who he's marrying later this year and Q is married. Also Joe and Bessy had a beautiful daughter last year.

Everyone has been so supportive.

I married the man of my dreams.

I've got a beautiful little girl.

And I have amazing friends and family.

My life couldn't be more complete.